Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: custom text  (Read 506 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
custom text
« on: 23 Mar 2005, 10:11:55 »
first of all before you say look in the ed depot i have and i read a few tut's but didnt understand a word of it.
all i whant is custom text basically like the cuttext ot the titletext just bigger so it can fill half the screen if its in the middle
so if anyone could try and explain alittle better that would be great

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re:custom text
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2005, 10:45:11 »
You define the text and fonts in the description.ext. Best way to see an example is to unPbo a mission where you've seen custom texts in the intro. Then (usually in the beginning of the description.ext) there will be long definitions of different fonts and what sizes they should be.

Next step is to explain to the game that it should use your custom title text and not the one that came with the game. This however, I don't know anythinbg about. Go have a look in the ed depot  ;D

But I think it will be easier when you know what your looking for. Most of the huge, dashing, red/blue/yellow texts you see in intro's (that looks like logos) are actually pictures that is called using the command cutRsc.

Hope this will help you get started at least.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Re:custom text
« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar 2005, 12:44:37 »
right ive managed to do this from complete guess so thankyou un depbo ing someones mission did help