Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: custom death cam  (Read 995 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
custom death cam
« on: 22 Mar 2005, 09:52:18 »
how do i create a custom death cam i can do the camera scripting but i dont know how to create the death cam so when your dead the trigger activates.
 i have tried to have a trigger over the whole map and when it activates it plays outro lose but it doesnt work so if anyone else has any ideas or knows how to make it work propperly
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2005, 16:02:05 by 456820 »

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
Re:custom death cam
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2005, 10:29:02 »
Get those missions out there you morons!

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2005, 10:58:16 »
i suspect it won't fire because the player, even though dead, will still be within the trigger. using not (alive player) also doesn't seem to work. if you've managed to create a custom death cam script, i would suggest playing around with the exit.sqs file. just a suggestion, as i'm curious myself as to how a custom death cam works ;)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2005, 13:36:40 »
no look i looked in the com ref and looked for force outro lose but it only had force mission end and force map show
i then looked under o for outro no look. so if anyone has a way of it showing the outro lose scene when you die it would be very much apeciated

PrejudiceSucks

« Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2005, 16:03:52 »
I thought that there was some kind of command that took away the deathcam.

Look in Comref, I only saw it by accident and have no idea what it's called.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 23 Mar 2005, 09:33:14 »
i dont actually think its the death cam i want i just want outro lose to activate when the unit dies
so i made a trigger wich covers the whole area then in the condition i have
not (alive player)
then i have that type of trigger to lose
then i made an outro under outro lose so shouldnt it play?
but its not so does anyone know why?

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 23 Mar 2005, 16:22:48 »
ok first of all ive de pboed a mission with a custom death cam and i found this line can anybofy help make sense of it apart from when playeer is hit script failed activates

Code: [Select]
{_x AddEventHandler ["KILLED",{if ((_this select 1) == PlayMan) then {["5"] exec "Failed.sqs"}}]} ForEach (thislist - (((units group PlayMan) - [PlayMan]) + [Velitel,Pilot,Pilot2]))
then in the script is

? Pyka : exit

EndID = (_this select 0)
Failed = TRUE
Pyka = TRUE
Health = FALSE
~0.05

TitleCut ["","BLACK OUT",2]
2 FadeMusic 0
~2

0 FadeSound 0
PlayMan AddRating 7000
PlayMan SetDammage 1

exit

can that possibly make a death cam
since i didnt think it could i found a script called
OnplayerKilled.sqs
but could find where it was activated from but in that script looks like it could be a custom death cam but i also think it needs som parametres for it to work so can anyone tell me what they could be from this

_player = (_this select 0)
_killer = (_this select 1)

the mission is "Mountain dew" also known as "97_RR" that what the flders called anyway its in the missions depot and it is a very good mission

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 23 Mar 2005, 16:33:03 »
im almost there i found the script and made my own mission with an east unit and me and a trigger wich activates when i die then in the activation field i put the line for that script and it targeted me then it said sound flash.ogg not found then something about _killer and aload of text
so if anyone knows a line to target the player and slow down the time about a quarter of normal time well actually im experimenting on the time thing so if anyone could just say how to target the player as hes getting shot
then i can easily do the rest

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #8 on: 23 Mar 2005, 17:09:28 »
ha ha ive done it
a nice little death cam simply whites in targets soldier in slow motion for a 1.25 seconds then blacks out and keeps it running in the background once the screen with retry and quit shows it quite good even if i do say so my self
anyway ive attached it to this and if anyone whats to use it or modify it or anything you can.

as i'm curious myself as to how a custom death cam works
quote from bedges its actually easy its just like a script played within the mission once a trigger notices the player is dead i thought it was hard but very simple