Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Writer's block need help  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Pr0ph3t

• Members
Writer's block need help
« on: 19 Mar 2005, 17:10:51 »
I'm stuck on this mission. I have no idea how to make it interesting.. Its on Kolguyev, Northeastest part of the island (docks) general is giving a speech and his heli is parked near by, plant a tracker on it.

I need ideas ppl! halp!

???

vovi

Re:Writer's block need help
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2005, 20:28:58 »
can you tell us a little more of the storyline?

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2005, 22:38:39 »
Indeed  :hmm:
Not all is lost.

Offline Pr0ph3t

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2005, 07:21:27 »
Okay, well without giving the WHOLE story (since this is level 46) .

You paradrop into a secret prison and a contact tells you that a general is going to be giving a speech on the success of military operations in the area. This is a perfect oppurtunity to plant a tracking device on his helicopter. Because he's touring all the active bases, he's likely to be going to visit the secret island as well. This will give you its location. Also during this mission someone plants a bomb and you have to disarm it becausethey want to kill the general so he doesn't get to the island and lead you there..

My original idea was since it was a long flight they need to refuel the general's chopper so you kidnap the civilian and pose as him and while you fuel the truck you plant the tracker but:
1. That's BORING
2. Not enough difficulties.

So c'mmon gurus EAT EAT!

Ade

« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2005, 12:36:22 »
Right, here goes...

The helicopter will be heavily guarded and you really don't want anyone to know it's been tampered with or the flight will be called off. So you need to place guards and patrols in such a way that the player can get close to the helo without causing an alert, but only with difficulty.  If the player has to kill any guards he will need to dispose of the bodies in the time-honoured way to avoid discovery.

I would suggest patrols outside the base who may call for backup if they spot or are attacked by the player (check the editor's depot for a few scripts that will handle this). Once inside, stick the helo in a hangar. Now it gets more tricky because if the player is spotted near the helo, the flight gets called off and it's game over.  If the player does well with the outer patrols, leave the base on low level alert - if the player was spotted, make it harder.

The player sneaks in to the hangar, only to discover some resistance(??) dudes planting a bomb. He is forced to fight them, which, of course, triggers an alert - the player then has to plant the tracker and escape. Meanwhile, the guards discover the bomb and disarm it, but miss the tracker.

If the player decides to disarm the bomb, he'll have to do it under fire and will not have much chance of success - he has to think laterally to realise that the guards will do it for him.

Hope that helps,

Ade  :)

Offline Pr0ph3t

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 21 Mar 2005, 03:24:10 »
Not bad.. Not bad at all. With some sprinkles on top that could work great..

Nice idea bud. I'm gonna use it

Offline Woodpeckersam

• Members
  • I'm a llama! ooh! Yeah!
« Reply #6 on: 26 Mar 2005, 11:19:44 »
Yo if u wanna use a tracker, make a script so that you have one, k then you plant it then u make a marker follow it... then u will know where it s.

Offline Pr0ph3t

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 27 Mar 2005, 22:09:11 »
Well as usual absolutely nothing went as planned and the mission ended up totally different but nice.

You HALO on top of a group and wipe them out, pose as the civilian and infiltrate the base. You go to sleep, wake up in the morning were the Russians are assaulting, a shell lands nearby destroying your fuel truck, you drive to another base, take a truck bring it to the under attack general copter, fuel it (transmitter is inside fuel truck and gets transfered into the chopper via fuel) (yah yah ghetto fix I know)

chopper flies away, you get discovered and try and escape through the intense crossfire.

lol. So much for planning