Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ammo bugs  (Read 955 times)

KingBuffalo

Ammo bugs
« on: 09 Mar 2005, 20:08:52 »
I am new to making missions and have found this site to be an excellent resource.  I have questions about ammo bugs I am getting in MP missions.

1.  Sometimes when I walk up to an ammo crate, I get multiple options to take a weapon or ammo, like Take Handgrenade 5 times in a row.  I am using a custom crate script where I have loaded the ammo I want in the crate.  Are there limits to the number of weapons and magazines that can be in a crate?

2.  Sometimes when I take ammo from a crate there will be lots of ammo on the floor.  How do I fix this?

Thanks for the help.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Ammo bugs
« Reply #1 on: 09 Mar 2005, 20:32:35 »
Yes there are limits on what an ammo crate can hold.

I can't remember off-hand what the limits are, I'll maybe search around a bit and see what I can find, or you could try a forum search for the info.

The reason some ammo ends up on the ground is probably because the crate is full.

EDIT:  Ok......I checked the config entries..and it seems weapons are limited to 500 and magazines are limited to 2000.....at least on the one I looked at.

Planck
« Last Edit: 09 Mar 2005, 20:36:57 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Kyle Sarnik

Re:Ammo bugs
« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2005, 17:20:50 »
I have seen ammo bug deletion scripts before. Its pretty much as simple as this:

Code: [Select]
#loop
_obj = nearestobject [player,"WeaponHolder"]
_obj2 = nearestobject [player,"SecondaryWeaponHolder"]

? (Isnull _obj) && (Isnull _obj2) : exit

deletevehicle _obj
deletevehicle _obj2
goto "loop"

of course this would also delete any mags or weapons you yourself have placed on the ground, but hey its better than having a ton of lag from the ammo bugs.