Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: HALO from a C130  (Read 6158 times)

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
HALO from a C130
« on: 02 Mar 2005, 07:59:43 »
HALO FROM A C130
by BLIP
==========================================

Addons Required:
Hawk's C130 V1.3
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6954

=============What this is...===================
Up to five units including the player can now HALO out the back of a C130.  Player has the ability to move around the inside of the C130 as if in flight.  Includes altimeter scripts and player must pull their own chute

Blip  :joystick:

SetObjPosObj.sqf function by Raptorsaurus!   ;D
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2005, 22:59:43 by Blip »
...NIGHT WALKER....

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
Re:HALO from a C130
« Reply #1 on: 02 Mar 2005, 18:51:35 »
Not bad  :D

One thing I noticed. Once you're in the plane, theres no way to get out without plumbeting 3000m to your bloody death  ;)
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #2 on: 02 Mar 2005, 19:45:26 »
One thing I noticed. Once you're in the plane, theres no way to get out without plumbeting 3000m to your bloody death

I didn't include a parachute part cause I want to make it all one big script.  So its more or less still developing.  

But if you run something like this out of an action you should be good: unitname addaction ["Halo","parachute.sqs"]
_man = _this select 0
_man switchmove "Para"

#loop
? (getPos _man select 2) < 100: goto "open"

? _pos < 100 : goto "open"
~0.5
goto "loop"

#open
_man switchmove ""
_man setbehaviour "aware"
_para = "parachuteG" camCreate[(getPos _man select 0), (getPos _man select 1), (getPos _man select 2) + 1]
_man moveindriver _para
_man removeaction 0
exit

That should save you.

Blip
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2005, 20:30:23 by Blip »
...NIGHT WALKER....

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #3 on: 02 Mar 2005, 20:33:29 »
I updated the attachment to include the parachute.   ;)

Be sure to not click on the action if your still in the plane.  It wigs out and just puts you on the ground.  But if you fall out the back and then click the action you will land nice and safe.

Lots still to work on here folks,

Blip :joystick:
...NIGHT WALKER....

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #4 on: 02 Mar 2005, 21:33:45 »
Blip,

I'm gald to see you found good use of my SetObjPosObj function.  Cheers ;D

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #5 on: 02 Mar 2005, 22:31:25 »
Blip,

I'm gald to see you found good use of my SetObjPosObj function.  Cheers

I used it in the Multirope Rappel as well! :cheers:
It's a great function.

...NIGHT WALKER....

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #6 on: 06 Mar 2005, 00:07:12 »
I am almost finish with this scripting.  Here are some links to pictures that show multiple units HALO jumping.

BLIP :joystick:

http://www.geocities.com/justin82t/halo1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/justin82t/halo2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/justin82t/halo3.jpg
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2005, 22:57:13 by Blip »
...NIGHT WALKER....

Offline Silent Sniper

• Members
  • I hired a hitman to kill my llama
« Reply #7 on: 04 Apr 2005, 18:14:17 »
Nice work Blip,
i did this a while ago but held the plane up with pallets  :D it worked well, but i couldnt sort out the parachute thing cos im no good at scripting.
glad someone better than me has thought of the same idea, thats what i'd like to see in OFP2, a better physics engine so you can do this while its going along  :)
If you havent played ofp you havent lived

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #8 on: 05 Apr 2005, 17:47:05 »
@Silent Sniper

I've used the pallets as well, although I had them in place to form a more stable walkway for the player to move around in on the plane.  

I am working on trying to incorporate having more troops being able to be passed through the script.  Basically, I want to be able to take forty guys in the back of the C130, who are sitting down in seats, and have them one by one get positioned standing in the C130 and then run out the back followed by the next guy in line.  

Still don't know about the setvelocity out the back of the plane, but will continue to look into it.  Would be cool to get shot out the back.  

thats what i'd like to see in OFP2, a better physics engine so you can do this while its going along
;D I second this!
« Last Edit: 05 Apr 2005, 17:49:29 by Blip »
...NIGHT WALKER....

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: 09 Apr 2005, 11:01:49 »
if your riding in the back and press eject sometimes you stay in the back and the you can run out the end
but sometimes you end up on tp of the plane.
but anyway vey nice script just whne im in the air i still have the option to halo

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #10 on: 25 Jun 2005, 23:02:34 »
Alright, I think I got all the kinks worked out.  Somebody give this a try and let me know if you have any problems before I submit it to the depot.

New scripts include up to five units possible.  Also uses HAWK's newer C130.  Player must pull his own rip cord and has his own altimeter.

Check first post for links.

Thank you for testing!

...NIGHT WALKER....

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #11 on: 26 Jun 2005, 08:36:49 »
ohhh now this sounds good ill give it a test right now

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #12 on: 26 Jun 2005, 08:46:18 »
okay then the c130 seems to be the same asthe other i think, anyway when you get put in the plane you gradually sink through the floor then just fall out without touching anything ? also it seems so slow once youve opeined your chute you kind of hover for a few seconds then fall really really slowly plus theres a ahint saying to open it around 100-200 i think i opened it about 30 and survived
but still not bad

Jim666

« Reply #13 on: 26 Jun 2005, 16:48:13 »
Very nice set of scripts, im going to make a mission using these.

The only downside is having the plane not moving really.

Good work!

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #14 on: 26 Jun 2005, 18:05:05 »
Thanks for testing the scripts!

@456820
I have also on occasion gotten the sinking through the bottom of the plane.  The only conclusions I have come to is that the computer has a hard time running the script.  In other words its not fast enough to handle keeping the plane in the setpos loop.  As it is, I have to run this on my brother's computer to get it to work because on mine I fall through the floor like you described.

As for the parachute opening, the hint can be taken out if you dig throught the scripts a little.  I put it there as a recommendation, your right you can survive an opening at a much lower height.

@Jimboob
I agree the plane not moving is a downside however you could have it fly for awhile and then go into the call the scripts as opposed to calling them in the init.sqs, just a thought.

NOTE: The plane tends to very jumpy over water.  Not sure why, but I recommend using the scripts only over land.  Try it and you will see what I mean.  Some spots on the map are just better than others.

Thanks Again,

...NIGHT WALKER....