Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: men appear  (Read 853 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
men appear
« on: 01 Mar 2005, 21:34:05 »
is there any scripts that respawn an east infantry squad when say obj2=true?
so basically obj2 = true. an east infantry team respawns or appaers and attacks a town?

Offline RujiK

• Members
  • KoKo Puh-Fizzles!
Re:men appear
« Reply #1 on: 01 Mar 2005, 21:46:24 »
Createunit would be the command your looking for.
I like your approach, lets see your departure.
Download the New Flashlight Script!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 02 Mar 2005, 17:15:36 »
how ould i use this and where would i put it?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 02 Mar 2005, 18:03:46 »
Whenever you are unsure how to use a command, look it up in both the online command reference and also the unofficial command reference guide.   Both in the Ed Depot.   There you will find explanations and examples, as well as the formal description of how to use the command.    ;)

However, if you just want a squad to attack a town once the player has completed an objective, then I wouldn't recommend using createUnit.    Place the squad in the mission editor, give it the waypoints you want and control its progress with switch triggers.    Tute in the Ed Depot if you're not familiar with them.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 02 Mar 2005, 21:32:17 »
no what im thinking is an east infantry squad attack a town when a player completes an objective and i what the infantry to get there quick and the nearest place where you can hide them is to far away so i was thinking of a respawn script wich creates 10 or so units who then go and attack the town and i looked in the com ref's and didnt find anything but i will give it a harder look later but thanks anyway

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 02 Mar 2005, 21:35:17 »
You could do as macguba suggests using waypoints, but have them miles away - even on an island.  Then when you want them to attack setPos them to near the town.  Much easier