Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: intro/outro problem  (Read 1056 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
intro/outro problem
« on: 27 Feb 2005, 12:31:58 »
ive managed to get this problem some how and i dont know how i did what it is, is that on my outro it says "Sainte Marie" when i what it to say "Chapoi, Malden" in my description.ext it said
onloadoutro "Chapoi, Malden"
but that didnt seem to work so i got rid of that line and it still said "Sainte Marie"
im sure its not getting confused with the
onloadintro line as it says something completely different i cant think of what it can be

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Re:intro/outro problem
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2005, 12:45:43 »
i have now found that it is actually the onloadintro lne how can i work around that so it says what i whant it to say

scooter24

« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2005, 13:35:17 »
Hey 456820!
The correct syntax for the code is 'onLoadIntro = "Welcome to my intro!"'. You'll need to place this in the 'description.ext' file (as you said). For the text that appears whilst your mission is loading, it is 'onLoadMission = "Welcome to my mission!"' Good luck!
     Macguba made a tutorial mission which, if you IM him, he will give you the URL. You can tear this mission appart learning various codes he used. Thats how I learned how to perform the 'onLoadIntro/Mission' code! Good luck!
scooter24.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2005, 13:35:55 by scooter24 »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 27 Feb 2005, 19:34:48 »
right it still doesnt work its like the outro counts as the intro so therefore uses the onloadintro command but i have thought i will scrap that and just use it within the scripts itself but if you know why this is happening plese explain why and how to fix thankyou

Big Nasty

« Reply #4 on: 01 Mar 2005, 03:07:31 »
Instead of worrying about why its not working, you can bypass it altogether. At the start of your Intro, leave out the OnLoadIntro bit and have the scene start blacked out for a moment. Have a Titlecut with the text you want.

Likewise for the Outro, forget the OnloadOutro crap and do the same as the Intro.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 01 Mar 2005, 19:34:42 »
well thats what ive done but i would prfer it with the onloadintro but no biggie

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #6 on: 01 Mar 2005, 19:38:35 »
The onloadintro text plays both before the intro and also before the outro.   A nuisance, but there is nothing you can do except either leave it blank, or think of something that will do in both circumstances.

The Tutorial Missions is in the Editors Depot - Tutorials - Getting Started.    Glad to hear people are using it the way it was intended. :thumbsup:
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play