Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Live map update feed  (Read 368 times)

virgin4life

Live map update feed
« on: 17 Feb 2005, 07:55:06 »
Hi guys, looked for this using serch but only got map-making posts.

Im trying to find a way to have the live-feed unit positions on the map ( like in the beginning campagin missions ) enabled.

I played a short campaign mission when the units were viewable in real time from the map, then went to fool around in the editor and played a mission and they were updating the units in the map there too.

Is there any way or script to enable it in custom missions? Makes the life of a unit commander so much more easier and realistic in that way. :)

Thanks alot

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Live map update feed
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2005, 11:26:13 »
Are you just talking about Cadet mode?     I don't think there is any way you can enable it, but you can check to see whether the player is in cadet mode using the command cadetMode.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2005, 12:17:09 »
this is relevant to a question i meant to ask - enemy positions and suchlike are shown in my mapanim. is this because i'm designing in cadet mode? i wanted to get rid of all those extra bits n bobs (like markers showing loons encountered etc.), and clearmapanim didn't work. is this just due to the play mode?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2005, 12:25:28 »
Dunno.    Probably.

Anyway, bin Cadet mode and never touch it again, that's my advice.     All it does is turn off some of OFP's best features, like openness, reality and immersion.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

virgin4life

« Reply #4 on: 17 Feb 2005, 15:27:51 »
Makes sense.. Ill have to check it out.

As for the immersion stuff, i just like to have it own while designing missions to see if everything and everyone is coming together like i hope, otherwise i have  id like to have it off, for realities sake.

Unless your a battalion commander and have one of those nifty real satelite field monitors that looks like a game of C&C with real soldiers:P