Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Trenches  (Read 5562 times)

ZIKAN

Re:Trenches
« Reply #15 on: 07 Oct 2002, 15:07:40 »
This may help you, its a site about the trenches through the periods of 18th century France to the First World War (actualy a very interesting read). But there are some diagrams which might help you in organising the layout of a trench system.

diagram of a front line trench system:
http://www.fire-step.com/diagram.html

bioxx

« Reply #16 on: 08 Oct 2002, 00:42:23 »
Thanx it helps alot, plus i am now making a tunnel through the bottom of a trench wall were you can only crawl through, oh yeah i made an artillery place in one trench and a bridge on another, the site will be up soon. it won't be that great for a lil while but, well you'll see. The first thing i'll do is upload some pics of all the trenches and my caves. ;) Oh yeah I almost for got to tell you, i am also making a Helipad area in a trench thing, its gonna be cool. :P

WTC Mod

bringer_25

« Reply #17 on: 08 Oct 2002, 02:50:16 »
how about this idea a tank bunker like the iraqis had in the gulf war.

bioxx

« Reply #18 on: 08 Oct 2002, 03:43:51 »
Ok ppl the site is up the address is www.geocities.com/wartcmod

And as far as the tank bunker goes, I have one although it has no cover as of yet, but it does have an area for it to fit in in the trench. I am just now starting on the big battlefield.

:)

War TC Mod

GeneralCoder

« Reply #19 on: 08 Oct 2002, 18:42:24 »
EUREKA!!!

hehe I rule  8)

Can u soon rule the trenches avaible for download?  :)

bioxx

« Reply #20 on: 08 Oct 2002, 23:10:00 »
lol good one, the beta version is already up as of like 12 pm EST yesterday, and version 1.01 will be out today sometime. Check it periodically.
improvements in verson 1.01:
- Made the trenches smaller, they were too wide before
- Better textured some stuff
- Also added an Officers Quarters with nice camo, although its not a desert camo, that will hopefully come in version 1.02 or 1.03 which will most likely be out by Monday.
- Added an area low enough to shoot from

War TC

chrisb1220

« Reply #21 on: 09 Oct 2002, 01:27:36 »
Lookin good, your starting to get it!
I tried downloading it, but somethin is messed up with my pc so I can't get any yet. Oh and uh, is that green thing the officers quarters?, your going to have to do better than that!

bioxx

« Reply #22 on: 09 Oct 2002, 02:21:54 »
No thats not my officers quarters, thats my pitiful excuse for a cave. LOL. I have worked on it a bit, and 1.01 should be out tonight.

chrisb1220

« Reply #23 on: 09 Oct 2002, 03:32:50 »
Bigger, bigger, bigger! ;)
And I don't think anyone want's moss on the caves ::)

bioxx

« Reply #24 on: 09 Oct 2002, 03:40:20 »
It's not moss, it is the grass texture from ofp. and the inside looks different in case you didn't know.

chrisb1220

« Reply #25 on: 09 Oct 2002, 03:44:48 »
I know! I'm just joken around with ya! ;)

bioxx

« Reply #26 on: 09 Oct 2002, 03:51:55 »
ok ;D

bioxx

« Reply #27 on: 09 Oct 2002, 04:39:15 »
The version 1.01 is out now, although i forgot to add the section from which you can shoot from. Maybe in version 1.02
well see. :)

chrisb1220

« Reply #28 on: 10 Oct 2002, 01:01:42 »
Tried out the trenches today. Have to say it looks awsome. But I was making a mission and an emeny shot me through the trenches. That's not right, is it? ???

MadAussie

« Reply #29 on: 12 Oct 2002, 05:49:47 »
Gday Guys..
More specifically Bioxx,
I just downloaded the cave and trench pack and have a few thoughts on bugs and alterations..
1 As already stated..you can shoot through walls..in both caves and trenches.
2 The corner trench..the inside of turn needs to modelled to fit with other pieces..its only a minor complaint..as is the fact that you can walk straight through the dead end  :)
3 The bridge.. units can fall off if they stop on it..maybe instead of 3/4 plancks you could use one large one textured like wood.
Thats it..in all though its a great pack..similar to the ofp.fortress pack but desert..which ive been waiting for.Unreal:)
A couple of suggestions and a request.
1 Could you add one with Barbed wire..as in OFP.Fortress pack.
2 Thought about larger cave complex once this is downpat? They have great potential
3 Retexture the inside of trenches so that it looks like wood panels..for holding dirt at bay  ;)
4 A version of artillery section for command/bunk areas..with/without camo netting over top
5 Almost done..a version with lower trenches..you could crouch to avoid fire and stand to shoot
Finally a request..could you do these in a couple of retextured versions.I have the textures..so they would fit in with my Island..PM me if your interested.I would very much  appreciate it
MadAussie out...