Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Trenches  (Read 5545 times)

chrisb1220

Trenches
« on: 03 Oct 2002, 00:21:22 »
Is it possible to make trenches in this game?

DrMeatballs

Re:Trenches
« Reply #1 on: 03 Oct 2002, 01:21:37 »
Yes and No.
No in that unless you make an island to have them from the beginning in wrpedt you can't change the land by digging into it.
Yes in thant you can sort of simulate it using raised sectiosn etc such as those found in GFX's bunker packs(no3 i think).

bioxx

« Reply #2 on: 05 Oct 2002, 04:44:58 »
It is possible if you make an addon for it, you must make a hill with a trench in it using oxygen. I can do this for you if you wish just leave a reply and i will start it immediately. :D

Join Today

ZIKAN

« Reply #3 on: 05 Oct 2002, 09:04:28 »
So is it possible to make tunnels this way also?

bioxx

« Reply #4 on: 06 Oct 2002, 08:46:12 »
Yep, pretty much although the tunnels would be above ground so you would need to blend them in a bit but it would work.  ;)

Wars To Come mod project leader
104th Airbourne Clan Leader

bioxx

« Reply #5 on: 06 Oct 2002, 09:26:51 »
I ahve just completed part of a trench system, in desert camo, if anyone wants it please email me at
bioxx2001@yahoo.com :o

Black Magic

« Reply #6 on: 06 Oct 2002, 10:10:48 »
Pictures lad, pictures! ;D

ZIKAN

« Reply #7 on: 06 Oct 2002, 13:22:18 »
Yes Mr Bioxx, please upload some pics of what you have  made so far!

bioxx

« Reply #8 on: 06 Oct 2002, 19:14:45 »
Ok here goes, keep in mind thata they can't go below ground, and this is the only way to make it look right, 3 pieces are here, i just put them together. I am going to make another with a space for you to shoot out of. I hope you like.  ;)

War's To Come Mod

bioxx

« Reply #9 on: 06 Oct 2002, 19:22:01 »
Damn it didn't work, hold on I will put them up again.

http://www.geocities.com/airbourne104th/addons

Look in there, I posted them on my clans site. The download link is not yet up though. :)

[shadow=green,left,300]War's To Come Mod[/shadow]

ZIKAN

« Reply #10 on: 06 Oct 2002, 20:13:50 »
Very nice indeed  ;D
It looks like its possible to run up the slope and then into the actual trench, is it so? perhaps you could place some units along inside the trench to give us a better idea of the scale.

If your feeling adventurous why not add some sandbags along the the top of the trench walls and add some sort of shelter with protection above so some sections will be better fortified.

Also could you make some different versions for the different landscapes we have in the OFP maps.

Nice work!  :thumbsup:

DrMeatballs

« Reply #11 on: 06 Oct 2002, 22:41:44 »
Looking good m8 a nice complement to GFX's trenchs and the grass mound/hills that i used to have from one of the WW2 teams.

chrisb1220

« Reply #12 on: 07 Oct 2002, 00:17:33 »
 :-\ Looks good, but was thinkin of a big hill with trenches in them. No offence, but that's just dirt mounds. :-\

Oh, and what would I have to do if I joined as a pilot.

bioxx

« Reply #13 on: 07 Oct 2002, 03:35:43 »
Sorry its not possible to walk up it at this time, although I am experimenting on how to fix it so you can. I am planning on making other camo for it tonight. :) And as far as more fortification goes, it's on the way I just need to find the Sandbags texture. Whence I find that, it's a matter of an hour and it'll be done. Now for the scale, The height is only like a few (ingame) centimeters off from the height of a normal soldier. A very small difference that can mean life or death if you have a sniper hiding, so beware.  I am also making a semi cave thingy, if anyone knows how i can make it stop shaking please share it with me. Ah yes and Chrisb1220 we are not currently looking for any Pilots right now but if you are interested in joining the WarTC mod team, your help would be greatly appreciated. That goes for anyone else who can help me out. Thanx

War's To Come

bioxx

« Reply #14 on: 07 Oct 2002, 07:04:59 »
EUREKA!!!
I did it you can now walk up the sides of the hills on the trenches. And i fixed it so you can walk in the caves now. We must all thank god for that darn demo. it helped me alot. I am workin on a larger mod with alot of trenches in it and raised ground, to make it look right. I am also adding a place for you to put Armor like a T-55 to act as artillery. I hope you like it. Please send me more suggestions they help. The Mod site should be up by tomarrow 9 EST.

hehe I rule  8)

ZIKAN

« Reply #15 on: 07 Oct 2002, 15:07:40 »
This may help you, its a site about the trenches through the periods of 18th century France to the First World War (actualy a very interesting read). But there are some diagrams which might help you in organising the layout of a trench system.

diagram of a front line trench system:
http://www.fire-step.com/diagram.html

bioxx

« Reply #16 on: 08 Oct 2002, 00:42:23 »
Thanx it helps alot, plus i am now making a tunnel through the bottom of a trench wall were you can only crawl through, oh yeah i made an artillery place in one trench and a bridge on another, the site will be up soon. it won't be that great for a lil while but, well you'll see. The first thing i'll do is upload some pics of all the trenches and my caves. ;) Oh yeah I almost for got to tell you, i am also making a Helipad area in a trench thing, its gonna be cool. :P

WTC Mod

bringer_25

« Reply #17 on: 08 Oct 2002, 02:50:16 »
how about this idea a tank bunker like the iraqis had in the gulf war.

bioxx

« Reply #18 on: 08 Oct 2002, 03:43:51 »
Ok ppl the site is up the address is www.geocities.com/wartcmod

And as far as the tank bunker goes, I have one although it has no cover as of yet, but it does have an area for it to fit in in the trench. I am just now starting on the big battlefield.

:)

War TC Mod

GeneralCoder

« Reply #19 on: 08 Oct 2002, 18:42:24 »
EUREKA!!!

hehe I rule  8)

Can u soon rule the trenches avaible for download?  :)

bioxx

« Reply #20 on: 08 Oct 2002, 23:10:00 »
lol good one, the beta version is already up as of like 12 pm EST yesterday, and version 1.01 will be out today sometime. Check it periodically.
improvements in verson 1.01:
- Made the trenches smaller, they were too wide before
- Better textured some stuff
- Also added an Officers Quarters with nice camo, although its not a desert camo, that will hopefully come in version 1.02 or 1.03 which will most likely be out by Monday.
- Added an area low enough to shoot from

War TC

chrisb1220

« Reply #21 on: 09 Oct 2002, 01:27:36 »
Lookin good, your starting to get it!
I tried downloading it, but somethin is messed up with my pc so I can't get any yet. Oh and uh, is that green thing the officers quarters?, your going to have to do better than that!

bioxx

« Reply #22 on: 09 Oct 2002, 02:21:54 »
No thats not my officers quarters, thats my pitiful excuse for a cave. LOL. I have worked on it a bit, and 1.01 should be out tonight.

chrisb1220

« Reply #23 on: 09 Oct 2002, 03:32:50 »
Bigger, bigger, bigger! ;)
And I don't think anyone want's moss on the caves ::)

bioxx

« Reply #24 on: 09 Oct 2002, 03:40:20 »
It's not moss, it is the grass texture from ofp. and the inside looks different in case you didn't know.

chrisb1220

« Reply #25 on: 09 Oct 2002, 03:44:48 »
I know! I'm just joken around with ya! ;)

bioxx

« Reply #26 on: 09 Oct 2002, 03:51:55 »
ok ;D

bioxx

« Reply #27 on: 09 Oct 2002, 04:39:15 »
The version 1.01 is out now, although i forgot to add the section from which you can shoot from. Maybe in version 1.02
well see. :)

chrisb1220

« Reply #28 on: 10 Oct 2002, 01:01:42 »
Tried out the trenches today. Have to say it looks awsome. But I was making a mission and an emeny shot me through the trenches. That's not right, is it? ???

MadAussie

« Reply #29 on: 12 Oct 2002, 05:49:47 »
Gday Guys..
More specifically Bioxx,
I just downloaded the cave and trench pack and have a few thoughts on bugs and alterations..
1 As already stated..you can shoot through walls..in both caves and trenches.
2 The corner trench..the inside of turn needs to modelled to fit with other pieces..its only a minor complaint..as is the fact that you can walk straight through the dead end  :)
3 The bridge.. units can fall off if they stop on it..maybe instead of 3/4 plancks you could use one large one textured like wood.
Thats it..in all though its a great pack..similar to the ofp.fortress pack but desert..which ive been waiting for.Unreal:)
A couple of suggestions and a request.
1 Could you add one with Barbed wire..as in OFP.Fortress pack.
2 Thought about larger cave complex once this is downpat? They have great potential
3 Retexture the inside of trenches so that it looks like wood panels..for holding dirt at bay  ;)
4 A version of artillery section for command/bunk areas..with/without camo netting over top
5 Almost done..a version with lower trenches..you could crouch to avoid fire and stand to shoot
Finally a request..could you do these in a couple of retextured versions.I have the textures..so they would fit in with my Island..PM me if your interested.I would very much  appreciate it
MadAussie out...

chrisb1220

« Reply #30 on: 12 Oct 2002, 18:46:43 »
I think bioxx is sick of me and my trenches. ;D

bioxx

« Reply #31 on: 12 Oct 2002, 20:34:11 »
I have been offline for a bit cause sprint shut our phone off till today but work will resume shortly. Thanx

bioxx

« Reply #32 on: 12 Oct 2002, 20:37:41 »
Ah yes i totally forgot. I am not quite sure how to stop the firing through walls yet but i will find out soon enough. It shouldn't take too long

MadAussie

« Reply #33 on: 13 Oct 2002, 13:33:21 »
Gday again...
Hope my post wasnt too long guys..didnt go to sleep eh?
Anyway I had a look into O2 and am considering making a cave complex for the side of mountains in wrpedit..Afghan style..however rather than make my own trenches i was hoping you would still give some thought to the retextures for my island...of course ill acknowledge you in readme...
Finally if you want to bump heads on the cave complex PM me...
MadAussie out....

bioxx

« Reply #34 on: 13 Oct 2002, 18:51:44 »
Hey again, I haven't worked on the trenches yet cause i been busy on an important addon but will do soon. MadAussie, I'll help ya out with the caves and stuff just give me a lil time. Right now I am workin on a Command and Conquer Mod and my first building is almost done, so email the textures to me when u can. My email is bioxx2001@yahoo.com

Cya

MadAussie

« Reply #35 on: 13 Oct 2002, 23:07:55 »
Cheers mate...
Theres no rush..but i will get into the cave complex and get back to you once i know what O2 is all about..:) hopefully
Also regarding the textures..I will send a few tonight..just email me (address in email) or PM me.
Thanks bioxx
MadAussie out....

BTW again i am grateful for desert trenches..good job mate.