Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Trenches  (Read 5561 times)

chrisb1220

Trenches
« on: 03 Oct 2002, 00:21:22 »
Is it possible to make trenches in this game?

DrMeatballs

Re:Trenches
« Reply #1 on: 03 Oct 2002, 01:21:37 »
Yes and No.
No in that unless you make an island to have them from the beginning in wrpedt you can't change the land by digging into it.
Yes in thant you can sort of simulate it using raised sectiosn etc such as those found in GFX's bunker packs(no3 i think).

bioxx

« Reply #2 on: 05 Oct 2002, 04:44:58 »
It is possible if you make an addon for it, you must make a hill with a trench in it using oxygen. I can do this for you if you wish just leave a reply and i will start it immediately. :D

Join Today

ZIKAN

« Reply #3 on: 05 Oct 2002, 09:04:28 »
So is it possible to make tunnels this way also?

bioxx

« Reply #4 on: 06 Oct 2002, 08:46:12 »
Yep, pretty much although the tunnels would be above ground so you would need to blend them in a bit but it would work.  ;)

Wars To Come mod project leader
104th Airbourne Clan Leader

bioxx

« Reply #5 on: 06 Oct 2002, 09:26:51 »
I ahve just completed part of a trench system, in desert camo, if anyone wants it please email me at
bioxx2001@yahoo.com :o

Black Magic

« Reply #6 on: 06 Oct 2002, 10:10:48 »
Pictures lad, pictures! ;D

ZIKAN

« Reply #7 on: 06 Oct 2002, 13:22:18 »
Yes Mr Bioxx, please upload some pics of what you have  made so far!

bioxx

« Reply #8 on: 06 Oct 2002, 19:14:45 »
Ok here goes, keep in mind thata they can't go below ground, and this is the only way to make it look right, 3 pieces are here, i just put them together. I am going to make another with a space for you to shoot out of. I hope you like.  ;)

War's To Come Mod

bioxx

« Reply #9 on: 06 Oct 2002, 19:22:01 »
Damn it didn't work, hold on I will put them up again.

http://www.geocities.com/airbourne104th/addons

Look in there, I posted them on my clans site. The download link is not yet up though. :)

[shadow=green,left,300]War's To Come Mod[/shadow]

ZIKAN

« Reply #10 on: 06 Oct 2002, 20:13:50 »
Very nice indeed  ;D
It looks like its possible to run up the slope and then into the actual trench, is it so? perhaps you could place some units along inside the trench to give us a better idea of the scale.

If your feeling adventurous why not add some sandbags along the the top of the trench walls and add some sort of shelter with protection above so some sections will be better fortified.

Also could you make some different versions for the different landscapes we have in the OFP maps.

Nice work!  :thumbsup:

DrMeatballs

« Reply #11 on: 06 Oct 2002, 22:41:44 »
Looking good m8 a nice complement to GFX's trenchs and the grass mound/hills that i used to have from one of the WW2 teams.

chrisb1220

« Reply #12 on: 07 Oct 2002, 00:17:33 »
 :-\ Looks good, but was thinkin of a big hill with trenches in them. No offence, but that's just dirt mounds. :-\

Oh, and what would I have to do if I joined as a pilot.

bioxx

« Reply #13 on: 07 Oct 2002, 03:35:43 »
Sorry its not possible to walk up it at this time, although I am experimenting on how to fix it so you can. I am planning on making other camo for it tonight. :) And as far as more fortification goes, it's on the way I just need to find the Sandbags texture. Whence I find that, it's a matter of an hour and it'll be done. Now for the scale, The height is only like a few (ingame) centimeters off from the height of a normal soldier. A very small difference that can mean life or death if you have a sniper hiding, so beware.  I am also making a semi cave thingy, if anyone knows how i can make it stop shaking please share it with me. Ah yes and Chrisb1220 we are not currently looking for any Pilots right now but if you are interested in joining the WarTC mod team, your help would be greatly appreciated. That goes for anyone else who can help me out. Thanx

War's To Come

bioxx

« Reply #14 on: 07 Oct 2002, 07:04:59 »
EUREKA!!!
I did it you can now walk up the sides of the hills on the trenches. And i fixed it so you can walk in the caves now. We must all thank god for that darn demo. it helped me alot. I am workin on a larger mod with alot of trenches in it and raised ground, to make it look right. I am also adding a place for you to put Armor like a T-55 to act as artillery. I hope you like it. Please send me more suggestions they help. The Mod site should be up by tomarrow 9 EST.

hehe I rule  8)