Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: see player before  (Read 440 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
see player before
« on: 08 Feb 2005, 20:47:22 »
all of my intro cutscenes always show the player for a split second

_cam = "camera" camcreate [0,0,0]
titlecut ["Everon. On the hills above objective 1", "black in", 6]
_cam cameraeffect ["internal", "back"]
_cam camsettarget leader1
_cam camsetrelpos [0,10,0]
_cam camcommit 0

thats how i usually start my scrpit for cutscenes what there is making it show the player before it starts?

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re:see player before
« Reply #1 on: 08 Feb 2005, 21:04:07 »
Ways to avoid this irritating little problem...
1) Always start the intro early in the init.sqs
2) Never start the intro from an in-game waypoint
3) Avoid doing lot's of other calculation on the computer when the comp is trying to start the intro (like adding code snippets into every availiable waypoint for instance)

If it's a MP-mission this problem becomes even worse with lag. Make lag free missions. Only use cycle WP:s when you can't avoid them ;D

One method I'm using in MP (that some people frown upon) is to put the camera commands directly in the init.sqs. That way I can be sure the computer will process my intro as a priority. I may still get some lag in the cutscenes, but I don't have to see my player for that split second.
« Last Edit: 08 Feb 2005, 21:05:07 by nominesine »
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

FLBEE

« Reply #2 on: 09 Feb 2005, 02:54:00 »
You can have that location line happen before the mission starts by puting it in the description file:

onLoadintro="C 3/435 ID, hill 759, Northern Nogova"

If leader1 is the player, then that could be the problem. Find another object-vehicle-unit to have the camera start off aiming at. Or have the camera aim at a precise point on the map:
_cam camSetTarget [-41944.58,94488.82,87.04]

If leader1 is not the player, then maybe it is the camsetrelpos command.
Instead of using:
_cam camsetrelpos [0,10,0]

use a precise point that you choose:
_cam camSetPos [2811.27,5063.36,1.03]

I do it that way (camsetpos and camsettarget) and I have never had a problem with it showing the player.
There is no way that I could come up with the coordinates like I stated above without using the camera.sqs method I learned here at OFPEC.
I beleive it is in the tutorial section by snYpir/messiah.
Basically you float the camera around to where you want and hit the ctrl button (or whatever is "fire" for your keyboard) and it takes a snapshot ('copy's it) of where the camera exaclty is and which way it is pointing --even vertical angles. Then you alt/tab out and paste the info into your intro script.

Don't know if that is what you were asking or if i'm telling you what you already know.
have a good one  ;D

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 09 Feb 2005, 06:33:46 »
Ways to avoid this irritating little problem...
1) Always start the intro early in the init.sqs
2) Never start the intro from an in-game waypoint
3) Avoid doing lot's of other calculation on the computer when the comp is trying to start the intro (like adding code snippets into every availiable waypoint for instance)

Or even easier... execute your intro from the init line of the player unit.
That's always the very first thing to get processed ;)