Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: cutscene + side radio  (Read 691 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
cutscene + side radio
« on: 07 Feb 2005, 12:40:51 »
right i have a cutscene and im using the sideradio commands. i executed the script in the intro file but it doesnt play the script is this because it cant be done in custscenes or have i donr something wrong?

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re:cutscene + side radio
« Reply #1 on: 07 Feb 2005, 17:56:32 »
Yes, you must have done something wrong. But it's almost impossible to help you unless you describe what's not working and how the game behaves. Post the scripts and describe what happens/doesn't happen when you preview. I will have a look at it during the evening (I'm working, so it might take a while, though).
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 07 Feb 2005, 18:36:25 »
right i activated the script like this

"_cam cameraeffect ["internal", "front"]
_cam camsettarget leader1
_cam camsetrelpos [0,15,3]
_cam camcommit 0
~5
[] exec "intro1.sqs"
_cam cameraeffect ["internal", "back"]
_cam camsettarget leader1
_cam camsetrelpos [0,5,1]
_cam camcommit 5"

that was about half way down the intro script then the sideradio commands is this

"~8
off1 sidechat "PAPABEAR THIS IS ALPHA WERE IN POSITION. OVER."
~5
papabear sidechat "ROGER THAT ALPHA WERE JUST WAITING FOR ZULU. OUT."
~7
off2 sidechat "THIS IS ZULU WERE IN POSITION. OVER."
~5
papabear sidechat "THIS IS PAPABEAR TO ALL UNITS THE MISSION IS A GO I REPEAT THE MISSION IS A GO. OUT."
~4
exit"

im sure thats all right the radio should be turned on because i never use the turn on/off radio commands i always leave it on. using sidechat in the mission itself works fine. anyone know why

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 07 Feb 2005, 20:46:08 »
and what happens is the cutscene plays normally but the radio messages just dont show up.

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #4 on: 07 Feb 2005, 22:01:52 »
During a cut scene you have to use cutText or titleText to display text.  If you use hints, sidechat, groupchat, etc.  It will be cliped off because during cut scene's the cinamatic border covers the text.

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #5 on: 07 Feb 2005, 22:36:05 »
I don't think it's the cinematic border, because sideradio doesn't work either (and you don't get sound playing).

I think those commands just don't work in an intro. I generally just use titletext and playsound to 'fake' a radio call ;)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 07 Feb 2005, 22:41:36 »
oh ok thats abit anoying. anyway whats the difference between cuttext and titletext and wich would be best for a radio call