Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: fire range  (Read 927 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
fire range
« on: 01 Feb 2005, 21:07:17 »
does anyone know if you could alter a weapons effetive range like the M16 and a pistol for example obviously the pistol would fire less than the M16

Dubieman

Re:fire range
« Reply #1 on: 01 Feb 2005, 21:16:47 »
Yea, go into the addon's config and change some number prolly. But I don't think it's needed cause well, pistols do not fire as far as rifles in the game if you do some desert island testing. ;)

And I've used the bullet cam before and the difference in bullet speeds out of the barrel's of some guns is kinda odd, but cool. :P

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 01 Feb 2005, 21:19:16 »
oh never knew that but what about with something like a steyr aug and an m16 or sumit cause there range isnt going to be the same

Dubieman

« Reply #3 on: 01 Feb 2005, 21:24:23 »
Well, again you could go into the game core itself or seek the addons like the steyr and mod it, but its not very safe in my opinion. :P

And since I can't remember the speeds offhand, I never thought it mattered with rifles much, only one affected being the Bizon with a higher dispersion than most. :P

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 01 Feb 2005, 21:26:50 »
oh well it was just somethingf that would create more realism and about being shot from about 300 metres away but what about something thats stops ai shooting the player throught trees that you just wudnt be able to see through?

Dubieman

« Reply #5 on: 01 Feb 2005, 21:29:55 »
Dunno how to fix that, be stealthier and you live longer? :D

CopyrightPhilly

« Reply #6 on: 02 Feb 2005, 07:40:11 »
personaly i would say forget the idea, the only way to change the weapons range is to edit the weapons config file, one thing wrong in there and it will just send you game back to desktop.

you could just go and look for some weapon addons

cheers.