Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: FIRE  (Read 648 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
FIRE
« on: 01 Feb 2005, 20:48:18 »
does anyone know what you put in a script for when a helicopter comes into vision the group opens fire with their rifles its part of a cutscene im trying to do

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
Re:FIRE
« Reply #1 on: 01 Feb 2005, 20:50:30 »
Nobody's managed to get unit's of ire their rifles from helicopters yet.. but has anyone tried using the fire command?

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 01 Feb 2005, 20:52:41 »
thats what i thought something like

"grpname dofire choppername" but i wudnt have a clue hoe to make it they fire once seen the chopper im not a very good script editor

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 01 Feb 2005, 20:55:35 »
i mean the fire command not doFire:

man fire ["m16","m16"]

maybe using a switchAnim before firing. and a setPos and setDir loop to keep the unit in the helo.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 01 Feb 2005, 20:57:02 »
i think youve got the thing wrong it sounds like you mean a drive by in the chopper when i mean people on ground fire at the heli

Dubieman

« Reply #5 on: 01 Feb 2005, 21:08:52 »
Prolly take an invisible target and repeatedly setpos it to the chopper in a fast loop once the chopper enters say a trigger area where the group would be or something. Then if its the appropiate target all men with rifles, pistols, & machine guns will fire upon it, making it look like they're actually targeting the chopper.  :)

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #6 on: 01 Feb 2005, 21:09:01 »
i think the problem may come down to the ai in opf. if you tell a loon to fire at a chopper, the loon will want an anti-aircraft weapon. similarly, tell a loon to attack a tank without an anti-tank weapon and he'll report 'negative'.

dunno how you might get round this...

perhaps name one of the crew in the chopper, then put

Code: [Select]
shooter_name dofire vehicle crew_name
when you want the shooter to open fire. no idea if that will work or not.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 01 Feb 2005, 21:11:59 »
right i think ive managed to find away to do this but im not sure if it will work and if it does im goin to try and create a script instead of aload of extra triggers and things in the editor

Dubieman

« Reply #8 on: 01 Feb 2005, 21:12:53 »
I've noticed odd things about men with machine guns, sometimes they go crazy and shoot your craft as much as possible and yet other times they can be very silent and not care that you're pouring rockets into their infantry. :P

Maybe its their commander identitfying the target and telling the mg guy to fire that makes him go crazy. :-\

Offline Wadmann

• OFPEC Patron
  • I'm the next evolutionary step after a llama!
« Reply #9 on: 01 Feb 2005, 22:46:40 »
I have a demo mission here that allows infantry to fire on choppers, planes, rocks, nothing (so to speak), or whatever.

Wadmann
Check out my Camouflage Collection! New items added 31 July 2005.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #10 on: 02 Feb 2005, 17:33:30 »
thankyou that was good worked and solved