Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ai RRRAAAAAAAA  (Read 584 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
ai RRRAAAAAAAA
« on: 01 Feb 2005, 17:28:05 »
right i know this question has been asked about a million times before but i cant find any threads about it how can i imrove ai like faster, hiding, telling other groups nearby of enemiy location and etc

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
Re:ai RRRAAAAAAAA
« Reply #1 on: 01 Feb 2005, 17:31:33 »
Well.. it requires some pretty heavy scriptin. Not too hard though.. just a lot of use of the reVeal and knowsAbout commands.

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 01 Feb 2005, 21:20:55 »
Ed depot, ai info scripts, group link scripts, ai linking, diff configs (maybe)....

And some nice waypoints and switch triggers don't go amiss as XCess implies. ;)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 01 Feb 2005, 21:23:38 »
ive tried the ed depot its either not what i whant or to much or theres always something. im after some ai urban script just a script to improve ai like faster reactions etc and an information share script all rolled into one basically ive tried copy and pasting existing scripts but it just fails

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 01 Feb 2005, 21:27:01 »
Check the beta scripting thread, there's an urban ai script by Sentinal (soz if name is spelled wrong, i never know if its a or e) there. ;D

As for everything in one, never seen it so...
I guess you're on your own unless someone makes it or you make it yourself. :P

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 01 Feb 2005, 21:28:08 »
supose im just goin to have to try and get all the seperate scripts and use them seperate but i just get confused that way

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #6 on: 02 Feb 2005, 01:00:25 »
As mentioned already, there are a few different scripts in the Ed Depot that improve the AI in one way or another. However, a huge, easily solvable part of the problem lies in the game's config, which, for some reason, limit's the AI"s sight and hearing range to a patheticly small value. I made a game config to fix this, which can be found on this page here: (scroll down a ways)

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=14;action=display;threadid=21171

Unfortunately, that only works for YOUR ofp, since you can't be sure that others will play your mission using that config. If only addonmakers would make these simple adjustments to their addons... but oh well.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 02 Feb 2005, 17:32:04 »
right thanks for your help managed to do it