Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPEC Was In The Paper!  (Read 2707 times)

Black Magic

OFPEC Was In The Paper!
« on: 02 Oct 2002, 03:04:51 »
Okay. I'll be honest. I've known this for about 2 weeks but it just slipped my mind. :-\

I was in the school library for History and we had to look at articles in papers. Anyways I had myself a copy of The Sydney Morning Herald (Australian newspaper) and I was looking at the computer section called Icon (of course it was educational!). Every week some writer puts down the top 3 sites and a paragraph on each and OFPEC was there and it had some jibberish about it living on the OFP legacy or some shit like that. :-X

Anyhoo I didn't have me a pair of scissors so I started ripping it out and the librarian came, took me to her office, yelled at me and told me she could give me a detention for "defacing school property" and how "other students need the paper too". Then she told me not to come back to the library until next term (it's now holidays so I'll give it another shot after). :hmm:

That's not what I'm worried about though. If I were able to get it I could've scanned it and sent it in. But since it's still half ripped in a paper at school I can't. SO! If any Aussies in Sydney get the Sydney Morning Herald (duh) and just so happen to have this particular issue from within the past 2 months (never got the exact date sorry.. I don't think of these things!) have a look for it and get it in because it's a nice read and shows OFPEC getting some damn recognition! :D

Anyways. Um. Congrats on getting in the paper. You deserve it. Comment was good to. :cheers:

[edit] does this amazing feat by OFPEC have little if no value or something? i thought it was a proud and momentous occasion.. oh well :-\ [/edit]
« Last Edit: 03 Oct 2002, 13:33:08 by Black Magic »

SFG

Re:OFPEC IN THE PAPER! SPECIAL ATT. ALL AUSSIES!
« Reply #1 on: 02 Oct 2002, 03:17:41 »
Cool! :)

CrunchyFrog

Re:OFPEC Was In The Paper!
« Reply #2 on: 04 Oct 2002, 00:12:15 »
lmao... Cool

Gameer_77

« Reply #3 on: 04 Oct 2002, 00:45:46 »
Maybe, if they had a web site, they might hold a record of past-papers. Try looking for it there.

Ooh, cool!  ;D

8)PEACE

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 04 Oct 2002, 02:05:30 »
They do have a website, with an article that appears when you search for OFPEC, but you have to pay for previous articles (about AU$1.10).

..... bugger .....  :noo:
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #5 on: 04 Oct 2002, 21:58:31 »
cool 8)
Well, it only shows how good work Wolfsbane and Tigershark and everyone else have done ;D

Garcia