Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: machine gun fire  (Read 623 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
machine gun fire
« on: 20 Jan 2005, 20:08:18 »
how can i have it so its like running through 50cal fire or something but not hit the player just apear that the bullets are landing near him. a bit like an artillery script wich choses how far away from the player to hit but instead of firing heat rounds but fire like vulcan rounds?

Dubieman

Re:machine gun fire
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jan 2005, 20:27:28 »
Try the Normandy machine gun script in the ed depot, it makes any machine gun or unit ( I think) very inaccurate and shoots a whole lot but ususally doesn't hit anything unless you get a unlucky break or stand still to long.

Or you could camcreate some bullets and stuff. But I think just reg dispersion techniques will be quicker and faster. :P

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2005, 20:30:50 »
cool i will try that but i remember seeing something that sed like "this addweapon vulcan ammo" something like that wich i thought i could add that to a civillian and this target gamelogic or something do u know what the vulcan ammo is called?

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jan 2005, 20:35:51 »
to equip a soldier with the vulcan, put this in the soldier's init line:

Code: [Select]
removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "vulcancannon"; this addweapon "vulcancannon";
what to do about the inaccurate firing of it, i'm not so sure.

good luck anyways :)

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jan 2005, 20:37:21 »
Err, you could just use

MachineGun30A10

which is basically 4 shots of a helicopter's cannon in 1 burst.

What are you talking about? With the civvi, a script or something? :P

BTW: The vulcan ammo would be from a big arse gun, I haven't seen too many infantrymen carrying 30mm cannons. :D

Plus the gun has a small area of effect so if a unit is close enough he'll get damaged when it looks like the bullets/shells are missing him. But try the script I suggested. It provided a nice MG randomness effect to my D-day look alike. ;)

Edit: Oh yea vulcan ammo is like "Vulcan" or something. But it seems very similiar to the A10 cannon.

Edit2: ok disreguard my first edit, bedges has it. Sometimes they have captials too so. ::)
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2005, 20:39:32 by GuiltyRoachKillar »

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 20 Jan 2005, 20:41:31 »
oh ok ive downloaded the script and will try it later everything else i said doesnt matter now lol