Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: fall back  (Read 535 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
fall back
« on: 08 Jan 2005, 20:56:14 »
im trying to make a mission were 4 infantry squads try to pass a field with artillery attacking but they end up falling back and hide for a while then continue with their mission plan bit like band of brothere 07. cant remeber the name but wen they take the town of Foye any scripts would be usefull there was a hiding script wich i will need so any good links to them would be great and a fall back script

Offline Ding

• Contributing Member
  • Jurassic Park
Re:fall back
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jan 2005, 21:13:50 »
you dont realy need a script to make groups and units to fall back, all you have to do is, say you wanted a group of soldiers to attack a town is to place there waypoint into the town and create a second waypoin leading away, and then create a trigger in the town for west or whatever side you are playing on and then sincronise it to the waypoint in the town so when this trigger is activated the groups will retreat to somewhere out of the town, or you could make it so that when the CO dies with this command in the condition box in the trigger: not alive unitname.
"If I remain lost and die on a cross, atleast I wasn't born in a manger"

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 09 Jan 2005, 01:32:28 »
Like Ding said, or make a waypoint halfway across the field, right where the arty gets bad, then put some radio in about too many shells, casualties, fall back...

At which time you go along to the next waypoint, the hiding one. :P

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 09 Jan 2005, 13:13:16 »
good idea thanks