Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: medics  (Read 640 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
medics
« on: 08 Jan 2005, 19:00:22 »
is there anythigs to make the healing of a unit more realistic. i was wondering if you could use a stretcher and take the unit off to an aid station then he gets healed?

Paladin7

Re:medics
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jan 2005, 19:31:47 »
I was also wondering about this.   I don't think there's any stretchers, or animations that resemble people carrying someone on a stretcher, but doing a med evac wouldn't be to difficult.  

Keep in mind, i'm very green at mission building and scripting, but if I were to do it I would do it this way.    Make a script that if one of your soldiers gets killed, revive him but set his damage to just before death.   Make him drop his weapon and adjust whatever other behaviours you want (he's wounded, so he's not going to be engaging the enemy).   Add all wounded soldiers to a group, and then script a helo, or an ambulance to come to the area and collect all the soldiers in the wounded group.    

That's what I would do.   I don't know if there's better ways or not though.  

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jan 2005, 20:49:09 »
well thats a good idea but the mission im doing is on the outskirts of enemy territory so if a chopper comes it gives of your position but good idea (any addons for stretchers or animations will be usefull)

Dubieman

« Reply #3 on: 09 Jan 2005, 01:35:04 »
I thought there were stretcher scripts/addons around. I've heard of them, but a long time ago, in a far away land, and I can't remember. :D

There was a wound script/mod that was doing pretty good for awhile and it seems to have died. The thread was More wounds and less death. It woulda be good..... :'( :P

Rokket

« Reply #4 on: 09 Jan 2005, 02:29:36 »
There is a stretcher script in SCRIPTS here at OFPEC. 2 guys come over, anim of lifting body and mtoion of holding a stretcher, but no actual stretcher, taken away to amubulance/truck. It's good.

pazuzu

« Reply #5 on: 09 Jan 2005, 03:09:05 »
Only stretcher I've ever seen is in the FDF MOD

But you can't carry it....you can only lay down in it.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 09 Jan 2005, 13:16:25 »
if i found a stretcher addon would it be possible to use it with the  script?