Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: You've got quite a backclog...  (Read 1474 times)

Wadi

You've got quite a backclog...
« on: 03 Jan 2005, 13:04:46 »
There's an annoyingly long bcklog of unreviewed missions. I've posted a mission up a few days ago (Night Strike) and it'll take at least a month for OFPEC to get around to reviewing it! I don't mean to be a pain, but could somebody work a bit faster please? Thanks.

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
Re:You've got quite a backclog...
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jan 2005, 13:54:42 »
You sure its just a month? Theres one from May 2nd 2004  ;)

I think the problem is not enough testers. I would volenter to test some, but it says you have to be over 18 to do it. I'm still acouple of years off  :P
« Last Edit: 03 Jan 2005, 13:55:53 by greg147 »
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jan 2005, 15:24:17 »
Where does this come from? I was under the impression that OFPEC was doing just fine.
If you compare OFPEC to some of the other ofp fan sites who even bother to test and review missions, and who get as many submissions as OFPEC does, I'm sure you can see the difference on OFPEC's advantage.

I promise you, if we get your mission reviewed in a month, it'll be the fastest one in a long time. I don't mean to upset you by saying this. That's just how it is.
Reviewing missions isn't as easy as it may seem. Sometimes a mission can take a long time to review if it's particularly hard or has lots of addons. Faulty submissions also make the job fustratingly long. If every submission was by the rules the process would be a lot faster.

At the moment we've got enough reviewers and I'm 100% happy with everyones input. It's understandable that one reviewer can only do so much with his real life to live and no money being paid from this job.

When the Missions Depot goes on recruiting the next time, apply and tell your friends to tell their friends to apply too  ;)
Not all is lost.

Wadi

« Reply #3 on: 03 Jan 2005, 17:57:38 »
That's the thing, I'm not 18 yet. if that's just the way it is, that's pretty bad. No offence, this is intended as constructive criticism, but maybe you should look for new reviewers soon to improve 'the way it is'. I appreciate that you can't devote all your time, and the reviewers you do have probably are doing fine (you seem to be getting through about 1 mission per day), but maybe you could stand to recruit a few more to increase your output significantly?

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 07 Jan 2005, 03:27:07 »
1 mission a day seems pretty good to me.  ;)

As I see it Artak and his team are doing a fine job. You should also consider that these reviewers don't just have to review just single missions. There are the mps which need others to test and campaigns, which are usually long...

And you can't force people to become staff. They come in on their own will. :P

Edit: Oh yes, imagine if you had to try Anmac's Antipathy, a loong mission. Very fun, frustrating though. Can't seem to find a link to it though. :( :P
« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2005, 03:32:20 by GuiltyRoachKillar »

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #5 on: 07 Jan 2005, 08:50:04 »
Yeah, I see what you mean. Some missions are annoyingly long. Like the 'unimpossible mission' in the mission ideas forum. I still havn't finished that one, its too damn hard and long  ;)
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #6 on: 07 Jan 2005, 15:50:26 »
I can tell u one thing, I wouldn't  touch the unimpossible mission with a 5 meter long stick! ;D When i see it in the pending list, I'll  take a vacation  ;D
Get those missions out there you morons!

Dubieman

« Reply #7 on: 07 Jan 2005, 20:42:47 »
Can't forget Macguba's baby....

That took my life away for a few days. >:( ;D