Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: trapped on an tropical island  (Read 6172 times)

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
Re:trapped on an tropical island
« Reply #15 on: 16 Jan 2005, 01:09:37 »
they could be doing a supply drop

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #16 on: 16 Jan 2005, 10:41:05 »
OK, OK, so the idea at the moment has a few holes in it.  ;)

Maybe we should try to think of a new way you can get 10 or so Hercs on the ground and unservicable (its not my mission, but we could really come up with something goo here if we tried).

Say, prehaps the aircraft were flying over the sea, away from the island, when the herc you're in has a fuel leak or something. Still being very far from any land except the island, the pilot attempts to make a crash landing there, so they can get picked up latter. And then something else happens and the rest of the hercs crash  ;)
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #17 on: 16 Jan 2005, 21:29:01 »
well i had already figured that out earlier

the flight of them was blown off course by a typhoon.

quote from my first post
they are heading west over the pacific to iraq from california or somthing. they are blown off course by a typhoon and head over the airspace of an island off the coast of southern china
i think thats possible right?

also if the equiptment are in boxes w/ those packing peanuts
then the box would break open but the supplys would be untouched but scattered or maby some of the weapons could be broken

but i dont have any military experience so that is just my opinion
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2005, 21:29:52 by penguinman »

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #18 on: 16 Jan 2005, 21:53:41 »
Ah, I missed that in your post  ;)

I still think, even if unrealistic, it would look good to have random equipment scattered over the island where the planes passed over.
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2005, 21:53:58 by greg147 »
RAAB

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
« Reply #19 on: 17 Jan 2005, 01:27:45 »
also if the equiptment are in boxes w/ those packing peanuts
then the box would break open but the supplys would be untouched but scattered or maby some of the weapons could be broken

but i dont have any military experience so that is just my opinion
that just sounds funny ;D.  I doubt those would help at all

here's a way that you could get stuff on the ground

The planes were going on a supply drop to....(somewhere.... anyway....) and got off course(blown off, storm, whatever). they drop a few boxes and suddenly come under heavy AA fire.  As the planes are going down a lot of their ammo gets sucked out the back (and lost/broken).  then the ammo inside the plane when it crashes scatters as it slides or slams into stuff. some stuff is broken and some isn't and its scattered all over. there are a few places where you can get really good weapons and ammo (the few ammo drops they got off)

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #20 on: 17 Jan 2005, 09:01:01 »
Just a qustion on this in general. Is this going to be a single mission, or a campaign?

Personally, I think it would make a great campaign. Then you could add weapon pool to it, so you keep the weapons you had before.  ;)

That way, until you get to the big guns that got dropped, your source of ammo is the enemy. Convoys, ammo dumps, even simple patrols.
RAAB

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
« Reply #21 on: 17 Jan 2005, 22:08:06 »
I like the idea of making it a campaign

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #22 on: 18 Jan 2005, 03:57:11 »
same here

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #23 on: 20 Jan 2005, 03:14:15 »
i think  

the players first mission is to first get out of the c-130 before it goes over the cliff,

then to find other c-130s and the comanding officer of the birgade(division to big) that was going to iraq

make any comments you feel like.

i think that would make a good first mission, also the player could not be told or meet any enemys in the first mission,

he could just find his comrads dead and all shot up and somtimes he will hear gunfire in a certain direction and when he goes over to the place the gunfire sounds came from he will find nothing,(kinda like in the level on halo 1 where u first meet the flood; if anybody knows what im talking about) if he gets closer he could maby also see tracers coming from a certain spot but again just find nothing.

i think it should be a night mission and the player w/ no NVGs so as to add suspence as the player tries to find out who he is fighting and more importantly, where they are.

but that is IMO all of it

thanks
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2005, 03:15:02 by penguinman »

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #24 on: 21 Jan 2005, 23:20:02 »
I think that would make a good first mission.

Also, I think that it would be good to make it so if the player does fire his weapon, 5-6 groups of enemy soldiers come down on him, so its a case of escape and evasion. Kinda.   :)

Also, if you want to make it so the player doesn't have access to many weapons at first, be careful what enemies you put down. The mission would be too easy if the player stumbled upon a RPG soldier and a sniper, sitting close together in safe mode, during the first level  ;)
RAAB

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #25 on: 22 Jan 2005, 00:25:38 »
ok so sounds good,

im me if u want to help

i think it should use these units

the chinese under the renagade general
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7328
the US forces
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7461
the c-130
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=4898
and the infantry carriers that went with them as they are not dismounted
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6849

about the bradlys, i think they were just being transported in the c-130s so that they can transport the infantry once they arive.
and some of them could have survived the crash

but i dont know, it might not be a good idea,

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #26 on: 22 Jan 2005, 00:37:20 »
Hmmmm....... :P

Thats at least 100MB added up + the mission. Some people can't really download that much (dial up users etc). This is just my opinion, but maybe...

Some other type of US infantry. Dunno. How much is BAS infantry in MBs  :P

Normal OFP bradleys instead of the combat! ones?

I dunno. Its not my mission to make, but it just seems abit much to download. Remember, the brads also need JAM2 and the APC crew pack, 15 MBs in total.  :-\
RAAB

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #27 on: 22 Jan 2005, 02:01:49 »
ya i started thinking bradlys are a bad idea.

just 3 addons not that much

ok so thts about 63 mb total, and thats all u need for a whole campaign,

i dont think thats that bad.

and i think alot of people already have hyk modern infantry and the c-130.

so, we got the fist mission,

any ideas for the second.

maby, at the end of the first mission u find another c-130 and the guys in that one tell you about some enemy guys who kill everybody at the crash except them because they hid.

then u can like, set up camp with your new men somwhere and the mission ends, then the next one starts as sombody wakes you up in the middle of the night and tells you that its your turn to stand gaurd. then  ur next mission is standing watch, and then a group of guys walks out of the bushes like 10 feet away and they are friendlys but the player does not know that because it is very dark. if he shoots them he either fails or is forced to give up his command by his own men so he then has to finish the campaign as a private insted of getting to comand stuff. and it can auto save right when the people are dead so the player can not restart and this time not shoot them.

it would also have to say in his briefing, make sure u know the target is an enemy before u shoot, there is alot of survivors of different crashes wandering around.

then it would be completely the players fault if he shot them and he would pay for being triggerhappy.

IMO

« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2005, 02:02:21 by penguinman »

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #28 on: 22 Jan 2005, 10:02:12 »
Yeah, i'm probably download 68 MBs for this campaign  ;)

So far, I like the ideas. Just one question. What island is this on? Sometime you can build missions around the terrain, like if the island was Everon, you'd know there would be something to do with the airport  ;)
RAAB

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
« Reply #29 on: 22 Jan 2005, 18:12:02 »
then it would be completely the players fault if he shot them and he would pay for being triggerhappy.
triggerhappy hmmm....? lol