Editors Depot - Mission Editing and Scripting > OFP - Editing/Scripting Resources Beta Testing & Submission

burning and exploding fuel barrels script

(1/2) > >>

johnnyboy:
I've had a lot of fun with this one.   When you shoot barrels to half damage, they begin to burn, then explode a few seconds later (like HL2 barrels).  When barrels clustered together, it causes a very cool chain reaction:  When barrel explodes, it causes nearby barrels to burn/explode, etc.

You also pass in an array of soldier groups that you want to burn if the unit is within 10 meters of an exploding barrel.  I realize it would be cleaner to just find any unit within 10 meters of an exploding barrel, but that was a bit too complicated for me...

Any feedback would be welcome.  Especially how to make this work better for multi-player (the barrles explode on all clients, but not all players can see the fires?).

Unzip the attached file to your User Missions directory, and then run it via Mission Editor Preview.

Enjoy.

P.S.  Credit goes to GeneralBarron for his fireEffect.sqs script.  I use that one alot!

bored_onion:
requires an addon that i dont have : "KEGrpg7"

if the unit isnt in the mission then delete the entry from the sqm file

johnnyboy:
Sorry for wasting your time onion.  I removed the addon, and the attachment in the frist post should now be clean (no addons).

The-Architect:
I like it and I'm gonna use it in my latest project.  ;D

penguinman:
its a lot of fun, i like it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version