Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Rappeling  (Read 937 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Rappeling
« on: 14 Dec 2004, 20:28:04 »
I have a problem with rappeling i use "blips - Multirope rappel" script i use it in the exact same way as blip does in the priview mission but when the squad rappels on the rope there either at sea or on the rope and when they land then there at sea. Does anyone know y ? (blip's multirope rappel is top when they dont dron try it)

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
Re:Rappeling
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2004, 20:34:58 »
Hey-

Are you using the script in a Multiplayer setting because if you are it won't work.  We are working on making it useable for MP in the beta script forum.

If thats not the case then does the example mission work and your having trouble implementing it in your own mission? or does example mission itself not work?

Later,

Blip  :joystick:
...NIGHT WALKER....

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 15 Dec 2004, 16:26:51 »
no its a single player mission the example mission works. Im using a squad of 12 rappeling from a blackhawk and i relise that the rope disapeers wen people are on the rope wich causes them to go to sea is there a way of keeping the rope there until the chopper gets to a new waypoint cause if so that will work gine ?

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 15 Dec 2004, 16:39:07 »
and another thing the squad doesnt rappel fluently 4 men come out then about 10 seconds later 4 another 4 men then 2 seconds later the rest of the men come out?
 Could you make it so that 2 seconds after the chopper is in position 4 men come out then 3 seconds later another 4 come out and so on?

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #4 on: 15 Dec 2004, 19:53:27 »
Did you put the following line in your init.sqs?
SetObjPosObj = preprocessFile "Rappel\SetObjPosObj.sqf"

I tried running the script without out it and got the errors you have been describing.  Make sure thats its in there otherwise you will be rappelled out at sea.

If thats not the problem then your going to have to post the mission so I can take a look at what your doing.

Later,

...NIGHT WALKER....

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 16 Dec 2004, 16:50:41 »
it wont let me add a file it says that file name is taken but i think i added that thing in the init.sqs ile

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 16 Dec 2004, 16:53:39 »
and every time 4 men come out it looks like 20 come out. i dunno y its doin this cause the example mission worked fine

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 16 Dec 2004, 19:09:36 »
heres the mission i think its right

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #8 on: 16 Dec 2004, 21:24:06 »
Alright downloading now, will have a response in a bit.

Later,

...NIGHT WALKER....

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #9 on: 16 Dec 2004, 21:34:19 »
Alright,

I had a little trouble opening it because of addons but I was able to see enough to figure out why its not working.

You can't have two helo's excuting the script at the same time.  It's a bummer I know but thats just the way the scripts work.  

In your mission h1 and h2 both call the scripts at the same time, thats a problem.  The way the scripts work is that they define four ropes as global varibles.  Thus if the script is called by two helicopters, then both helicopters will be trying to setpos the same four ropes.

So to have two helicopters perform the rappel at once you have to make some more scripts.  I will mess with it and attach it for you in an hour or so.

Later,

...NIGHT WALKER....

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #10 on: 16 Dec 2004, 22:15:32 »
I got your mission working, I had to add some scripts so that you could have two choppers perform the rappel at the same time.

I added a Reame to the zip, take a look at it.

Later,

...NIGHT WALKER....

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #11 on: 16 Dec 2004, 22:31:46 »
i just thought of a way to make it work with any number of helis using arrays rather than variables for the ropes... ill check it out tomorrow

Offline Blip

• Members
  • ...Old OFP FART...
« Reply #12 on: 16 Dec 2004, 22:33:38 »
Sounds Good,

Post it in the beta testing forum.

« Last Edit: 16 Dec 2004, 22:34:08 by Blip »
...NIGHT WALKER....

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member