Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Looking for masses of men....  (Read 1086 times)

Siddhi

Looking for masses of men....
« on: 14 Dec 2004, 13:39:24 »
hi, i've been crawling everywhere in an attempt to find that one particular mission that most recaptures the whole army experience for me......men and material, masses and masses of it. that's what it's really all about, afterall.

the ULOTC campaign has a cool start to it, with all the heli landings etc, but it peters out.

so where is the world's largest OFP mission? actually, my system might not cope (1.6ghz Pentium M, 560 RAM, etc.) but i would sure like to try!!

is there a theoretical limit as to the number of units can be crunched in the game?

AK

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Looking for masses of men....
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2004, 13:48:41 »
There is no "theoretical" limit, there is a hard, well defined limit.    12 units per group, 63 groups per side, 4 sides.   Do the maths.    You'd need a supercomputer to run a mission like that though.

There is a thread you'd be interested in on the Missions Depot Comments board.   (Assuming you'd be interested in a mission that offers more than 24 hours of gameplay.)   Also, hunt around for threads on the subject of benchmark, you might find those interesting too.
« Last Edit: 14 Dec 2004, 13:50:46 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Siddhi

« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2004, 13:51:10 »
well a supercomputer might be a bit of a stretch  ;)
can you tell me what thread you're referring to?

Siddhi

« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2004, 13:51:40 »
disregard previous  ::)