Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Overriding WayPoint Behaviour?  (Read 358 times)

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Overriding WayPoint Behaviour?
« on: 06 Dec 2004, 00:06:21 »
I have an MG Jeep with a Switch Trigger Waypoint.  When the switch is thrown the Jeep heads off to a S&D WP with a Cycle Waypoint on top.  The Jeep behaviour is set to Aware from previous WP's, the behaviour for the S&D and Cycle WP's is No Change. The Jeep has the following event handler:

Code: [Select]
Jeep AddEventHandler["Hit",{[] exec "jeepgostealth.sqs"}]
The script jeepgostealth.sqs is as follows:

Code: [Select]
Jeep SetBehaviour "Stealth"
My desired result is that the Jeep is on a neverending S&D with headlights on, but after coming under fire, the behaviour is set to stealth and the headlights go off.  For some reason the Jeep's headlights come back on after a few seconds.

I am guessing that the Jeep defaults to it's previous WP behaviour.  Is there a simple way I can get my desired result? (Using the lights off action works even more poorly; the lights flash off for only a split second.) Sould I set all WP behaviours to No Change? Help!
urp!

StonedSoldier

Re:Overriding WayPoint Behaviour?
« Reply #1 on: 06 Dec 2004, 00:37:00 »
so many people have has trouble with headlights, try playing around with other behaviours like "combat" im sure that will make him lose his lights

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #2 on: 06 Dec 2004, 03:02:30 »
It doesn't sound like the WPs are changing the behaviour. AFAIK, they change the unit's behaviour as soon as that WP is the next one the unit is going to, and that is it. Scripting after that shouldn't be changed. So if the last two WP's are "no change", and it is a cycle between those two, then there shouldn't be a problem.

So basically, I have no advise to give you. :D
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #3 on: 06 Dec 2004, 03:48:41 »
Goddamn AI! The only way their lights stay off is if their behaviour is set to "combat" or "stealth" from the start!
urp!