Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: News post  (Read 3327 times)

1B1KSniper

News post
« on: 29 Sep 2002, 09:32:19 »
I submitted a news post about my mod team almost a week ago and it still isn't up, why?
You guys are reporting on mod teams aren't you?

Offline Wolfsbane

• Former Staff
  • Rubber Duckie! Mah rubber duckie!!
    • OFP Editing Center
Re:News post
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2002, 21:07:54 »
What was your Mod? I know there are some adverts that haven't been put up, because they are either adverts for vacancies, in which case they should be in the Training Depot, or because the Advert wasn't sufficient enough to merit posting. You have to give your advert substance.

The Intel is still being worked on, and we're refining the submission process.
The greatest days, with the greatest people.. OFPEC.. The friends are never forgot.

1B1KSniper

« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2002, 03:43:37 »
It was about the Operation Sci-Fi mod team, and it did mention we were recruiting but only briefly...

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
  • LiarLiarPants Inflame True
    • [furryclan]
« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2002, 15:05:20 »
It may be due to the sci-fi content then.  OFPEC seems to have a mre realistic angle on its activities.  Though this is only speculation.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2002, 17:18:26 »
I thought that sci-fi non-realistic NEWS are ok.

Just that OFPEC doesn't host any non-realistic stuff doesn't mean that it can't it can't print community news related to it. Right?
Not all is lost.

1B1KSniper

« Reply #5 on: 30 Sep 2002, 18:37:31 »
They posted that stuff on Vampiric Productions...
I believe they said that they dropped the realism only perspective as far as the new is concerned.

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 30 Sep 2002, 23:16:11 »
News on Sci-Fi/Fantasy mods is fine.

Forum posts or Editing Content in OFPEC related to Sci-Fi/Fantasy is not.

The following quote (from an Intelligence Depot news post of all places ;)) should help clarify OFPEC's position in regard to news:

"You can now go to http://www.ofpec.com/userboard/index.php?a=news and submit your news on any Mods, projects, Missions, scripts or anything else OFP related, from new sites to MP games, that you know about"

But obviously, recruiting remains the domain of the Training Depot, hence the obvious confusion over the posting of the news article due to it containing recruiting material.

My advice: Resubmit it without any recruiting material, and it should be fine. :)
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"