Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What about a Boeing X-32  (Read 4026 times)

US-Marine

What about a Boeing X-32
« on: 20 Nov 2004, 16:23:53 »
I find it is a nice Plane why nobody fo it yet?

Jim666

Re:What about a Boeing X-32
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2004, 17:15:28 »
Man i love flying around in that in FS9.. vertical take off, after burners :) Could even give a women a hardon  :D

Shalashaska

« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2004, 17:53:31 »
Is it the ASTOVL ?
If so... Wonderful !!!  :o  :o  :o
I read about this prototype about 5 years ago, while he was still under development...

US-Marine

« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2004, 17:59:01 »
no it isn an ASTOVL

it is a own Prototyp ;)

There are two of these "Joint Strike Fighters" the Boeing X-32 and the Lockheed Martin X-35 i think was the typename

can someone make these Plane (X-32)  ??? :-\
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2004, 18:38:23 by US-Marine »

Nulear_Man

« Reply #4 on: 20 Nov 2004, 21:46:14 »
yea that would be cool (I got JSF (Joint Strike Fighter) for the PC)

US-Marine

« Reply #5 on: 20 Nov 2004, 22:32:54 »
Yes I have this game too , but i want this Plane for OFP :-\ :'( ???

US-Marine

« Reply #6 on: 26 Nov 2004, 21:35:47 »
Hmm well seems so that nobody could do it  :-\ :'(

havocsquad

« Reply #7 on: 30 Nov 2004, 18:37:44 »
No one wants to do the X-32 because it is an officially "DEAD" aircraft for the U.S. military.  The X-32 has not and will not ever be developed in any form, means, or fashion.

Four main reasons why you should not waste your time with this piece of crap Boeing designed.  (Really, it is a piece a expensive crap.  They screwed up the fundamental aircraft design from the start and the blunders kept comming.)

1.)  The X-32 did not look like a fighter aircraft, and astestics (excuse the spelling) prove that an air superiority/multi-role fighter that looks right flies right.

2.)  The X-32 performed about 15% to 35% worse in tests on air combat manuvers capability than the X-35 (now F/A-35 ).

3.)  The X-32 could not mid-air refuel during testing phase of the aircraft.

4.)  The X-32 could not go from normal flight to hover and land without making several modifications before the aircraft took flight and also could NOT go supersonic either without modifications before flight.   The F/A-35 was ready to go and required ZERO modifications to perform all areas required by the Joint Strike Fighter program.  Also, the X-32's STOVL system design suffers from the same problem that the Harrier design has.  

What happens with most conventional STOVL systems is sometimes the intake pulls in exhaust from the hovering thrust points under the aircraft and chokes the power, the aircraft starts a fast decent and if it doesn't recover, it can destroy the aircraft and kill the pilot.

The F/A-35 solves this problem by using a powerful lift fan system to help hover and keep the rear exhaust away from the jet intakes.

Here is a pic of the F/A-35 STOVL Vertical hover and takeoff system.

I don't understand the facsination with the X-32 now, face it the F/A-35 is becoming a reality and the X-32 is now scrap metal.  I completely support the positive view of the F/A-35 by the USAF, USN, USMC, and the Royal Navy and I hope you will too will support this excellent aircraft being developed.

God speed to the makers of the F/A-35 at Lockheed Martin and BAE Systems for the STOVL system.  May it rule the skies of the world for many years to come.

Later,

Havoc.

Shalashaska

« Reply #8 on: 02 Dec 2004, 11:25:07 »
Where did you find that? Really interesting...  8)

havocsquad

« Reply #9 on: 02 Dec 2004, 15:20:39 »
Here is a good general link about the F/A-35 Joint Strike Fighter

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/f-35.htm

If you want more info, just go to a good search engine like Google or Hotbot and type any of these:  "F/A-35", "F-35", "JSF", or "Joint Strike Fighter".

The official web site for the "Joint Strike Fighter" is at:  http://www.jsf.mil/

This official site provides a good amount of info about the F/A-35 for most people not very familiar with the project.

How about I counter that linked picture of the ugly X-32 with two nice linked pictures of the F/A-35.

Hey, if you live in the U.S., you might wanna see when the time PBS will air the NOVA special called "Battle of the X-Planes".   This is a full 2 hour detailed documentary on the last 5 years of the competition and the most intense part of the Joint Strike Fighter project.

Here's a link to the PBS site devoted to the video.   http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/xplanes/about.html

If you want to, you can even buy a copy of it from PBS so you can watch it without regular TV background noise and static on the screen.  It's sold in VHS and in DVD.

If you want a good understanding on why the Lockheed Martin X-35 (F/A-35 now) won the JSF competition, you need to watch this documentary.

I'll have more info on this when it develops.

Later,

Havoc.

US-Marine

« Reply #10 on: 02 Dec 2004, 17:36:52 »
I don't mean the technologie of the X 32 , the optic of this plane is great! I want it for OFP not in real... and if you find the Boeing X-32 is ugly it is your mind......I like this plane whatever you say and i don't like the X-35 because it looks as same as the F-22 the optic of the X-32 is inimitable!
« Last Edit: 02 Dec 2004, 19:02:13 by US-Marine »

havocsquad

« Reply #11 on: 03 Dec 2004, 03:20:49 »
Hey, no one here is trying to crush your desire for someone to make the X-32.  I respect all opinions, I just felt your view of the X-32 was a little, uhm misguided...  

All I said is I don't understand why you like it so much, there are so many very important reasons why it was not chosen as the winner of the Joint Strike Fighter project.  The comment about the X-32 being ugly was just my own personal two cents, it's just an opinion and nothing more.

The F/A-35 is built upon the technology of making the F/A-22 and incorporates new and highly effective airframe and stealth composite designs along with advanced avionic systems that makes it a truely remarkable milestone of engineering and development.  That makes it a prodigal child of the F/A-22 program, not a copycat.

It also flies like a bat out of hell with its extremely powerful thrust for a single engine aircraft and performs very similiar to the F-16C in manuverability or better.

Anyways, maybe someone around here might wanna give it a go on modelling the X-32, but its probably unlikely someone will.   :-\   There's always a chance though.

Good luck on your search for someone to make it into an addon.

Later,

Havoc.

US-Marine

« Reply #12 on: 03 Dec 2004, 14:53:38 »
I have many Addons of "DEAD" projects like the MBT-70 , most they look much better as the followers. But you see I don't stay alone with my mind over the X-32 here are many guys who like this plane too! But if Boeing dosn't make as good planes they make much better choppers like the Boeing RAH66 Comanche!

But it dosn't matter I need this plane  :-\ :-\

Shalashaska

Re:What about a Boeing F-22
« Reply #13 on: 04 Dec 2004, 12:43:39 »
Sorry for ask, but we're already speaking about aircrafts...
Is there a F-22 available somewhere? Long ago (2 years I guess) I saw a beta version...  :-\

Coldfire

« Reply #14 on: 04 Dec 2004, 21:19:09 »
All I've ever seen was a beta by quakegamer...