Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: sound + string  (Read 1487 times)

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Re:sound + string
« Reply #15 on: 21 Nov 2004, 22:48:12 »
you don't even need to define the classes in the sounds[]={ } file. I haven't used it on any of my missions with sound.   (And BIS hardly ever uses it.)

Wow, I didn't know that. That definately would have saved me some time a while ago... but I'll remember that for the future.

Does that apply for all the sound sections (CfgSounds, CfgRadio, CfgMusic, CfgEnvironmentalSounds)?
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #16 on: 24 Nov 2004, 20:07:45 »
I haven't tried it with CfgEnviromentalSounds yet, but it does work with CfgMusic, CfgSounds, and CfgRadio. If you depbo the BIS missions, they don't really even use that function?!?

:P
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

Offline MI_Fred

• Members
  • AA
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #17 on: 27 Nov 2004, 00:57:47 »
It's not that you have to do it ... now!  ;D just think of the day BIS brings a bug in that breaks all the missions that don't use good coding habits. Atleast addon configs need it, I think. And there you'll actually have an advantage listing all the stuff.
There's gooks over there, there's mines over there, and watch out those goddamn monkeys talk, I'll bite ya.

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #18 on: 28 Nov 2004, 20:47:22 »
Well, it works for missions. Can't wait to see that BIS bug. ;D
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08