Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: sound + string  (Read 1484 times)

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
sound + string
« on: 16 Nov 2004, 20:34:06 »
i have a problem wen i put my description + stringtable files in my folder and use it in my mission all i get is the writin from the stringtable but not the sound it says "sound" not found. Im sure i did the 2 files wright.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Re:sound + string
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2004, 20:36:03 »
+ does anyone know any good sites with readymade voice and radio sounds on prefered alraedy .ogg but i dont mind

Offline C0LDSt33L

• Members
  • Member of the SotM Team
« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2004, 21:36:30 »
Are your sounds in the right directory (Mission\Sound)? If this is not the problem could you please paste the relivent part of your decription.ext?

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #3 on: 17 Nov 2004, 03:08:55 »
A good site for free sounds is sounddogs.com. Not sure what voice sounds you are looking for, but they are likely your best bet.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 17 Nov 2004, 19:51:07 »
the sounds werent right but thanks anyway i mean like ofp radio messages that you recieve in the game. And the sound file was right so heres the description thing (class CfgSounds
{
   sounds[] =    { Clear };

class Clear
   {
      name = "";
      sound[] = {"Clear.ogg", db-40, 1.0};
      titles[] =
      {
         0, $STRM_Clear
      };
   };
};

class CfgRadio
{
   sounds[] =
      { Roger that };

class pilot1
   {
      name = "";
      sound[] = {"Roger that.ogg", db-40, 1.0};
      title = $STRM_Roger                )im sure thats wriight as ive used the concept of that to do sumit else wich worked after along time. Something useful wud be a descriptions.exe file wich you just fill in were needed so if anyone has anythin like dat please send it me

Offline C0LDSt33L

• Members
  • Member of the SotM Team
« Reply #5 on: 17 Nov 2004, 21:46:08 »
Well I can't see anything wrong there  :-\. As for .ext generators you'll have to check the editors depo although all the generators I've seen don't do the sounds, only weapons and stuff like that.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #6 on: 17 Nov 2004, 22:21:28 »
i mean like ofp radio messages that you recieve in the game
You can depbo the official missions and steal the sounds that way. But what, are you expecting to be able to find a site that just happens to have a specific sentence you want, recorded and ready for download? Yeah right. ::) Just grab a microphone and record it yourself, like everyone else does. ;)

As for your description.ext: OFP automatically assumes you are putting your sounds in a folder called "sound", inside your mission folder. If you put the sound somewhere else, you have to describe the path to OFP. I'm not quite sure on the specifics, but you can just save yourself the hassle, and put your sounds in a folder called "sound".

Something useful wud be a descriptions.exe file wich you just fill in were needed so if anyone has anythin like dat please send it me

All you have to do is depbo a mission that has sound in it, and look at their description.ext.
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2004, 22:23:05 by General Barron »
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline MI_Fred

• Members
  • AA
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #7 on: 18 Nov 2004, 16:53:57 »
If your still wondering what's wrong, here's the deal: you've listed some other sounds classname than you've used in the description.ext and prolly ingame/in a script too. The red colored bits need to contain the same classname. Also, I don't think any spaces in filenames are allowed.

class CfgRadio
{
   sounds[] =
      { Roger that };

class pilot1
   {
      name = "";
      title = $STRM_Roger          ...
There's gooks over there, there's mines over there, and watch out those goddamn monkeys talk, I'll bite ya.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #8 on: 18 Nov 2004, 21:09:40 »
Ah! I didn't even notice that :). Just looked at the first section.

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: 19 Nov 2004, 16:46:26 »
yes thanks i didnt notice it either and now i got it workin so thnx for all ur help another question how do i set identitys of groups and single unit (eg.i wnat a group to be called "bravo2" and i want a unit called emmmmmm "papa bear" i cant think of an hq name can anyone help

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #10 on: 19 Nov 2004, 16:56:36 »
and aswell how do i make radio calls come up in blue like on the official game instead of that green? does anyone know

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #11 on: 19 Nov 2004, 20:31:12 »
yes thanks i didnt notice it either and now i got it workin so thnx for all ur help another question how do i set identitys of groups and single unit (eg.i wnat a group to be called "bravo2" and i want a unit called emmmmmm "papa bear" i cant think of an hq name can anyone help

You need to use the setgroupid command.

In order to use "papa bear", check part of this tut here:
http://www.ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=447

how do i make radio calls come up in blue like on the official game instead of that green? does anyone know
The color shown depends on the command used:
globalchat / globalradio     ->     white
sidechat / sideradio           ->      blue
groupchat / groupradio      ->     green
vehiclechat / vehicle radio  ->     yellow

The command used also determines who can actually hear the message (if you use the "vehiclechat" command, the player must be in the vehicle with the man using the command in order to hear it).

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #12 on: 19 Nov 2004, 20:32:48 »
thanks for that

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #13 on: 21 Nov 2004, 02:03:15 »
just to clear it up:
The red colored bits need to contain the same classname. Also, I don't think any spaces in filenames are allowed.

class CfgRadio
{
   sounds[] =
      { Roger that };

class pilot1
   {
      name = "";
      title = $STRM_Roger  

you don't even need to define the classes in the sounds[]={ } file. I haven't used it on any of my missions with sound.  :P (And BIS hardly ever uses it.)      
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #14 on: 21 Nov 2004, 18:14:40 »
yes thanks that made it alot easier