Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Age?  (Read 6541 times)

Dubieman

Re:Age?
« Reply #30 on: 05 Feb 2005, 21:12:20 »
Either way can we drop it soon? Unless you have a very specific Q or something, not just argueing for 17 and below.

::) Why again?

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #31 on: 05 Feb 2005, 21:45:58 »
The thing is, nobody is suggesting that this is a perfect policy.  But when you've had your fingers burnt 100 times out of 100, you stop shoving them in the toaster.

What he meant with that was...: OFPEC have allowed people under 18 to be MODs and stuff, either before the rule was made or after, but because the person seemed to be very mature...
BUT
it never works, therefor it is no way OFPEC will allow people under 18 to become a MOD. All you and others that always whine about this rule do, is use up space at OFPEC, use MODs time because they have to answer these kinds of questions and use your own time on something silly. You could might as well go watch a wall and see if it changes as time goes by. I've been here for over 3 years, and I've seen these kinds of topics a lot, and they all end the same way, MODs say no, you wonder why. Just do yourself a favour and accept it. This is the way it is, and this is the way it will be.

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #32 on: 05 Feb 2005, 22:01:09 »
Aww but havin OFPEC next to all your posts is so 1337!!!!! lol, yeah. Subject dropped by me for one. I'll keep hanging around the beta forums and maybe comment on a few reviewed missions for a second opinion.

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #33 on: 06 Feb 2005, 00:06:28 »
i understan what youre trying to say but i atleast the age should be 16 not 18 if your going to have a limit

In principle, I completely agree.
I can guarantee that there are some people under age that are probably more mature than some over 18 year olds.

However as Macca pointed out, we've simply been burnt every single time we've relaxed the rule.

Anyway, this thread is flogging a very (very) old, dead horse....
I'll give it a day or so and unless someone has some really revolutionary ideas, I'll have to hit it with my *lock this puppy* stick ;)

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #34 on: 06 Feb 2005, 02:21:57 »
y dont u make a very hard and grueling trial and examination quiz, followed by probation of members that passed as ofpec staff.

kinda like how the navy seals have a final effort to find any last potential washouts from the training program before they graduate their new recruits, its called Hell Week I belive.

any ways, why dosent ofpec have somthing like that
so that they can test if under 18 members can join without posing a threat to the routine management and operation of this fine website.

also a good way to make all these under 18 people realize that they really dont want to be an ofpec staff.

thanks

Offline Infierie Blou

• Members
  • Keep your friends close but your enemies closer
« Reply #35 on: 09 Feb 2005, 17:51:46 »
I'd like to be part of ofpec staff but being only 14 and having to go to the libary to use a computer I can see flaws in my plan (lol) but if my home computer was on the internet and I was able to get in I'd work about 70% of the time (well the rest eating sleeping ect.).

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #36 on: 10 Feb 2005, 05:13:42 »
OK GUYS, ITS TIME TO GIVE IT UP
how many pages of admins/mods telling you no does it take to get the picture?

don't get me wrong, it would be cool to get to be a mod or have some job at ofpec, but its obviously not happening and isn't going to.

to continue with the great analagy...:
its not nice to stick your friends hands in the toaster  ;D

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #37 on: 10 Feb 2005, 08:16:10 »
I'll give it a day or so and unless someone has some really revolutionary ideas, I'll have to hit it with my *lock this puppy* stick

You said it Sui!

Let the administrators tremble at a Mission Depot revolution. The OFPEC Members have nothing to lose but their accounts. They have a reviewing spot to win. OFPEC MEMMBERS OF ALL COUNTRIES, UNITE!

;D

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #38 on: 13 Feb 2005, 19:36:23 »
I agree with the age limit. If you don't like it, tough luck. Its not our fault that you weren't born earlier. That's something you'll have to bring up with your parents.

All you can really do is keep plugging away with Flashpoint so that when you are old enough, you're a guru.

Nuff said.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline rado1265

• Members
« Reply #39 on: 14 Feb 2005, 15:14:56 »
Many of you under 18 says that you're mature enough. If that's true, than you should understand that OFPEC rules. Not every time questioning again and again: why ... why ... ?

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #40 on: 14 Feb 2005, 22:17:35 »
admin, mod, somebody lock this

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #41 on: 14 Feb 2005, 23:27:40 »
Basically, we don't mind discussing and explaining our rules and such.

But on this particular matter, we've already stated we won't budge, we've explained why we won't budge (a great many times now), and yet all that comes up are the same old arguments that we've covered *numerous* times already.

Sorry guys, but this dead horse has been flogged into a mincy paste type sauce.

*Locked*
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"