Re:Age?
« Reply #15 on: 16 Dec 2004, 05:06:01 »
ahh.. ok  :-X

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #16 on: 03 Feb 2005, 18:03:03 »
Your only 15 triggerhappy??!! Woah!
Well how about part time mission depot staff.. full time only allowed for over 18s and part time for anyone under the cutoff. the 16-18 age range in UK has the highest percentage of unemployment as people have just left schools, have little experience in the workfield and theres a lower amount of jobs for under 18s.. less commitments for unemployed bums like me  ;D

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #17 on: 03 Feb 2005, 19:18:05 »
ere we go again! :(
Get those missions out there you morons!

Dubieman

« Reply #18 on: 03 Feb 2005, 20:35:00 »
Ahh! Why restart this....

Its the rule, just like in your own country, if you shoot an innocent person, you get punished. Here if you work at ofpec, your 18. :P

Simple as that. ::)

@Xcess: I remember an old thread on this, it said something about if ya wanna be a "part-timer" then just put a review in the comments board. :P

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #19 on: 03 Feb 2005, 20:47:52 »
Its the rule, just like in your own country, if you shoot an innocent person, you get punished. Here if you work at ofpec, your 18
Not a very good figure of speech I'd say.  ;D

It's more like you have to be 18 to drive a 10-wheeled monster truck to get all the woman's attention, just like you have to be 18 to work for OFPEC.

Commenting missions is greatly appreciated by the staff and I would say the whole community and mostly by the author. I dream of the day my missions will get commented and so must every other author as well.
Don't think that reviewers and everyone who downloads the mission don't read the comments. They do.  ;)

Also before macguba reminds you all about the importance of beta testing, I'd like to say that beta testing is the key to a good mission and is also very much appreciated by the staff and everyone else!
Not all is lost.

Dubieman

« Reply #20 on: 03 Feb 2005, 21:06:27 »
Well we couldn't have any slap on the wrist type laws now can we? :D

Either way can we drop it soon? Unless you have a very specific Q or something, not just argueing for 17 and below. :P

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #21 on: 03 Feb 2005, 23:46:10 »
Your only 15 triggerhappy??!! Woah!

lol how old did you think i was?  :P

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #22 on: 04 Feb 2005, 00:20:30 »
dunno. over 18 anyways lol

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
« Reply #23 on: 04 Feb 2005, 03:00:14 »
didn't know i passed off as being...mature
if only i could do that with other stuff....  ;)

*points to "we card" sign at 7-11*
lol jk

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #24 on: 04 Feb 2005, 03:48:20 »
Comments, whether on Missions, Addons, Ed Depot resources or whatever, are extremely useful and highly valued by submitters, ofpec staff and most of all, ofpec members.   All ofpec members, of any age, are strongly  enouraged to make helpful Comments whenever they have something useful to say.

At this point I'd also like to remind everybody of the importance of beta testing.

Edit:    Bugger, too late.

The thing is, nobody is suggesting that this is a perfect policy.  But when you've had your fingers burnt 100 times out of 100, you stop shoving them in the toaster.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
« Reply #25 on: 04 Feb 2005, 04:47:53 »
i like that analagy ;D

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #26 on: 04 Feb 2005, 04:55:42 »
could the mods plz put this on the home page in bold so we can all get over it  and stop discussing and somtimes arguing with the admins why u should be able to be an ofpec staff at under 18 years old        
 WE DO NOT ACCEPT MEMBERS UNDER 18 TO BECOME OFPEC STAFF. NO COMMENTS AND NO DISCUSSION ON THIS POLICY EVER!!!!!       THANK YOU

dont know y u guys all want to be mods anyways. im happy just going in chatting and downloading stuff. Not having to move topics around, review missions that dont intrest me in the least, and  punishing bad ofpec members, and having to all the other stuff u mods and admins do.

thanks
« Last Edit: 04 Feb 2005, 04:59:24 by penguinman »

djackl

« Reply #27 on: 04 Feb 2005, 09:17:39 »
Beta testing is almost (if not more) as important a job than the mission reviewers because for missions to be really good, they need to beta-tested. After wanting to join the missions depot and finding I was too young, I found that you get just as much credit (and less stress probably) for doing beta-testing. Also I'm sure that if you distinguish yourself doing beta-testing at a younger age then when you reach adulthood then you will be better placed to secure a spot in one of the depots than if you had just joined the site or something  :o

The thing is, nobody is suggesting that this is a perfect policy.  But when you've had your fingers burnt 100 times out of 100, you stop shoving them in the toaster.

Very well said  :thumbsup:

Dubieman

« Reply #28 on: 05 Feb 2005, 04:35:05 »
@penguinman
Usually when sigining up for a job, you must be over 18, usually says so.

@djackl
Yea, beta testing is very important, makes medicore missions into good ones. ;)

@Macguba
Best analogy I've seen so far.

Quote:The thing is, nobody is suggesting that this is a perfect policy.  But when you've had your fingers burnt 100 times out of 100, you stop shoving them in the toaster.  

Good, good... :-* ;D

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #29 on: 05 Feb 2005, 20:43:40 »
i understan what youre trying to say but i atleast the age should be 16 not 18 if your going to have a limit