Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Muzzle Recognitions  (Read 360 times)

DEAD RABBIT

Muzzle Recognitions
« on: 22 Oct 2004, 00:49:09 »
Ok, I have started changing some things in the Group Link 2 scripts. Using more addons to toy with (JAM AI View Smoke Blocker). I understand the basic principe and can do the whole thing by myself. But I have one question.

The coolest thing about Group Link 2 is that it enables AI to hear and 'understand' what to do when a gunfire battle is taking place (supporting and such). However there are lists of types of weapons that define what class a weapon is when fired and there are also lists for general weapons (the normal assault rifles and machine guns).

Getting to the point, are "M16Muzzle" (West), "AK74Muzzle" (East) and "AK47Muzzle" (Resistance) 'sidetype' values of weapons?

Like I had a BAS SR - 25, would that weapon's muzzle type be coherent with M16Muzzle?

I need to know, because I don't know how this works with addons. If I fire with a BAS SR - 25 or a USMC RPK like in the example, it's muzzle isn't a M16 muzzle nor a AK74 muzzle. However I did came across it in GL2 and it confused me quite a bit.