Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Campaign Idea: Sniper campaign  (Read 4132 times)

bigdog632

Re:Campaign Idea: Sniper campaign
« Reply #15 on: 16 May 2004, 16:17:33 »
you might could have the snipers provide platoon protection and rear guard covering the escape of units and insertion and such

requiring a certain percantage of the unit members to escape alive

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #16 on: 16 May 2004, 18:06:49 »
Some good ideas
Hows the campain comming along?
- Ben

Dubieman

« Reply #17 on: 17 May 2004, 19:54:10 »
What weapons are you thinking about using though?

M24
PSG1
M82
M82A1
L96......   forgot what the official name is :P

Anything else I'm not thinking of....

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
  • I'm not a F***in llama!
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #18 on: 18 May 2004, 12:50:12 »
Suggest you read "Holding the Zero" by Gerald Seymour, awesome book, would make great material for a film, would make a pretty good sniper campaign

http://www.webgeordie.co.uk/geraldseymour/books/holding_zero.htm

Could use Cat Shit Ones afgan map as a convincing backdrop as well..... ::)
« Last Edit: 18 May 2004, 12:51:33 by Pathy »

SandVoss

« Reply #19 on: 18 May 2004, 16:15:41 »
I think a sniper campaign is a great idea. But a couple of suggestions.

Why work for the US? Its so cliche... How about that you choose from like 2 or 3 different characters of various countries.

And ive got a suggestion for where the campaign could be. In Bosnia in 93' there were many Serb snipers, and they were killing off loads of ppl. Even 4 year old kids crossing the road.  >:( Look up the infamous 'sniper alley'. You could make a scenario very similar to this, in a country of choice. You could, say, be a NATO sniper, who has to neutralize these snipers. It would involve you reconing the area, scouting for snipers. Then you would have to eliminate them yourself. You could also call in artilary to bombard sniper positions in mountains or whatever. You could also be ordered to assasinate the the highest ranking enemy officer in the region, stuff like that. (damn... if i wasnt working on sumthing else id do this myself.) :D

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #20 on: 19 May 2004, 17:51:41 »
I read a bit of on of the Gerald Seymour, but I really didn't like it (Very monotomus, how ever you spell it), A Line in the Sand
Put me off him, really..
Anyway, there is loads of snipers on www.ofp.info (Serach)
Theres a really good sniper pack (Called Sniper Pack ::))

I don't know how you will control when the AI see's you etc (AI are bad at swithing from a sniper, to a pistol, and running at you trying to get inrange :|)

Anyway, can't wait :)
- Ben

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
  • I'm not a F***in llama!
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #21 on: 19 May 2004, 19:30:26 »
Agree that book was not very good, but you should really read "Holding the Zero"  :)

It is good material for a sniper campaign (better than anything ive heard so far, and cmon, you got a storyline prebuilt....)

Dubieman

« Reply #22 on: 19 May 2004, 20:00:38 »
Read Dead Center, its a Nam era book but its good. Lots of ideas for a campaign. :)

EDIT: Its written by the actual guy himself. Not Tom Clancey or the other guy you talked about.
« Last Edit: 19 May 2004, 20:01:29 by GuiltyRoachKilla »

bootneckofficer

« Reply #23 on: 10 Oct 2004, 17:27:58 »
what about sniper training?  u could have the sniper start off as just a normal infantryman then get selected (cos of his marksmanship skills) to do sniper training you could do a few missions based on training like ones where you have to hide and shoot a target without getting spotted then read a number that the trainer holds up. a walker has to be directed to your location so within 10 mins of the observer looking u fail, 20 mins u get low score, 30 mins high score. u could then pass out of training and be selected for delta doing sniper training there, shooting into buildings at targets and doing recce (recon) work, supporting attacks on bases, taking out officers and getting into hides (sniper positions) and then doing actual missions and CP sniper work (close protection(security)). this would be cool cos u could use BAS delta sniper for CP work, BAS ranger sniper for support missions with other teams and gillie suit sniper for when in sniper pair out on single ops behind enemy lines.

bootneck officer