Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: "Battle Royale" MP level  (Read 23490 times)

Lean Bear

Re:"Battle Royale" MP level
« Reply #15 on: 29 Aug 2004, 16:41:15 »
Yeah okay. I'll do that. One translated map coming up!

As to the size of the island, I think it will be rediculously small compared to the size of the space there is to work with. (Something like 1km x 1km) - I'll check on that!

There is a site where you can guesstimate how high or low the land lies. There is also lots of info on BR there:-

http://www.battleroyalefilm.net/movie/spoilerrules.html

djackl

« Reply #16 on: 29 Aug 2004, 17:14:32 »
Ok, so for the danger zones what do you want is it going to be one danger zone per (say) every 10 minutes and they swap around? Or is it going to be one danger zone added to the current amount of danger zones?

Lean Bear

« Reply #17 on: 29 Aug 2004, 17:16:52 »
Yeah its going to be the latter. Once a danger zone is activated it will stay like that. Then after say 10mins another is activated and left active.

djackl

« Reply #18 on: 29 Aug 2004, 17:17:51 »
By the way what program do you use to make maps in ofp?

Lean Bear

« Reply #19 on: 29 Aug 2004, 17:19:51 »
I use a combination of Terragen, Wilbur and then WrpEdit. But it is not always that good. Terragen generates random terrain and is hard to control the exact size of things.

There are other programs though.
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2004, 17:20:30 by Lean Bear »

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #20 on: 29 Aug 2004, 19:13:49 »
If you use BMPXZY, you can edit the file in Photoshop etc before hand
Anyway, aparently that island is 10km around the coast..
Compare that to Tonal.. ;)
Look for "A Soldier 5 on WRPEdit" by snYpir in the editors depot
It covers getting terragen into WRPEdit (I'm sure)
WRPTool is a good program too ;)
- Ben

Lean Bear

« Reply #21 on: 29 Aug 2004, 20:11:29 »
Hey people. My new website is up and running! Check the downloads section for a translated (the important bits anyway) versioni of the map!

www.freewebs.com/leanbear

Is WrpTool better than WrpEdit? I find converting Terragen to WrpEdit time consuming and frustrating. You have to make mountains in Terragen just to have teeny tiny hills in WrpEdit.

Matt Walter

« Reply #22 on: 29 Aug 2004, 20:24:48 »
It is looking great. One thing... it is a bit off the currant subject though. In the movie there are some vehicles, like a bike, and that truck some kids loaded with explosives. We should keep that in mind. No armor, navy, cars with mounted guns, or air units in the map... well at the military base there could be some, but you can take them.

Anyway, when each player leaves the school in the island that the soldiers control, players need to leave without waiting by the door and kill people as they come out and not attacking the soldiers right away, since each player leaves one at a time, maybe we could have a script that once you leave, you have a certain amount of time to leave the area or you die.

djackl

« Reply #23 on: 29 Aug 2004, 20:56:57 »
Lock the heavy weapons in the military base because who knows, somebody could shoot their way in there. How are we going to avoid this turning into a DM with a lot of ground to cover? After all, in the movie the kids were reluctant to kill people (apart from one guy what was his name?) but the i think the thing is with this that people won't have any qualms over slaughtering people unless something is done to make it bad for people to kill others, or this will just turn into a prolonged DM

DBR_ONIX

« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2004, 21:12:34 by DBR_ONIX »

djackl

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #26 on: 29 Aug 2004, 21:17:35 »
Wow that was quick  :o
;)
The script for the randomly placed bomb..
BTW, for moving the markers around, you could put 10 or so markers off the side of the map, and then move them into the right place.. Should work okay
- Ben
PS, that picture.. Putting it in a zip won't take the file size down at all.. JPEGs cant be compressed..
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2004, 21:19:02 by DBR_ONIX »

djackl

« Reply #27 on: 29 Aug 2004, 21:20:18 »
Oh that. In Battle Royale areas stayed as danger areas once they had been designated so how can that be recreated? Surely a script like the one used in Hexenkessel to stop people spawnraping could work?

Lean Bear

« Reply #28 on: 29 Aug 2004, 21:24:13 »
Hey, is that the bomb squad script you told me about at the start of the topic? Thank's I'll try it out. I'm writing this post as your latest came up.

No armor, navy, cars with mounted guns, or air units in the map

I don't agree. Remember in the film there were gunships around just off the coast to prevent someone from escaping by sea? I think we should use that in the mission. So if you do make it off the island there is still a chance for you to be caught.

I have a script for a link to a cutscene and the end of the mission if someone escapes far enough away from the island. No planes or anything though.

Lean Bear

« Reply #29 on: 29 Aug 2004, 21:28:28 »
For the picture, check out my website (see and earlier post for the link). If you mean that one about the .zip then that's just so it can be downloaded easily. If that doesn't then here (I think) it is