Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Gunship support script  (Read 2032 times)

Dubieman

Gunship support script
« on: 10 Aug 2004, 02:15:42 »
Hey all,
Figured I'd better beta test this first. Anyways what I've got here is a decently (hopefully) working aircraft support script that when called it responds by sending the defined vehicle (actually could be anything, tank, person, but best be an aircraft I suppose) to the defined enemy.

Now there is another part too, you must define someone to knowsabout the defined enemy so the script will launch or rather get the defined vehicle moving. This was so you have to see the enemy first and if you wanna call air support on his ass you can. ;D You can cheat by making the defined observer/see'r person a person in the defined targets group so the knowsabout value will be satisfied.
The knowsabout is very easy to satisfy, I did it by clicking on no zoom on the target from 300m away (approximate).

Once that happens a "new target" is spawned and the defined vehicle comes in and attacks.

Once you see it and depbo the mission you'll grasp that this can be used for many things (air, tank, ground, infantry, etc.) of course anything but aircraft would need more scripting. :P

Blah blah blah...
Install the invisible target .pbo in your addons folder and either use the list in the script or the readme for the targets to use different kinds of targets. There are laser ones for A10s and armor ones for choppers.

I'll just show the explanation of the script so I can stop typing....

GUNSHIP SUPPORT SCRIPT by GuiltyRoachKillar
;To use make a trigger and make it activated by radio Alpha
;in the activation field put [supporte,choppername,enemy leader,"typeoftarget"] exec "Gsupport.sqs"
;the supporte is the one spotting the enemy, he has to know the enemy is there for the script to work
;I'll include the types of targets for you...
;Plus the addon too...
;play the example mission too and depbo it to see how I did it.
; ***************************************
;LesIETA   -EAST MAN TARGET   
;LesIWTA   -WEST MAN TARGET   
;LesIGTA   -RESISTANCE MAN TARGET   
;LesICTA   -CIVILIAN MAN TARGET
;******************
;LesIAETA   -EAST TANK TARGET
;LesIAWTA   -WEST TANK TARGET
;LesIAGTA   -RESISTANCE TANK TARGET
;LesIACTA   -CIVILIAN TANK TARGET
;******************************
;A10LGBs target these....
;LesILETA   -EAST LASER TARGET
;LesILWTA   - WEST LASER TARGET
;LesILGTA   - RESISTANCE LASER TARGET
;LesILCTA     -CIVILIAN LASER TARGET
;************************************
;LesIIETA   - EAST IR TARGET
;LesIIWTA   - WEST IR TARGET
;LesIIGTA   - RESISTANCE IR TARGET
;LesIICTA   - CIVILIAN IR TARGET
; ***************************************
;The trigger can include the name of a enemy's group member to cancel out the knowsabout check.
;A simple right click on the target is all you need though.
;This script works for either side, Just define the targets...

Don't be intimidated by the amount of info, just play it and mess with it. Hopefully there are only a few bugs.
And after the aircraft is satisfied with the target, it just circles the area. Good for security I suppose or use a variable to get it to its next waypoint. :)
The aircraft does not always go crazy and blast away but sometimes they do. For instance the UH60 is fun to watch and I'd imagine the MI17 is too. ;D ;D

The A10LGBs haven't been working right but i haven't tested them much.

Anyways thanks for testin! ;):thumbsup:

PS: I named the .zip file addon, its okay, I just was absent minded when naming it. :P :D

EDIT: Ohh and check your empty/objects under the letter I for the invisible targets themselves, they are fun to paly with too! ;D
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2004, 02:17:54 by GuiltyRoachKillar »

KoniaX

Re:Gunship support script
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2004, 02:35:43 »
Hmmm, looks interesting, even though I am intimidated by all that info  ;D

Downloading now.

---EDIT---

Very nice! That is an awesome script! Time to test it for tanks and men  :D

Nice work.

BTW, what is an IR target?
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2004, 02:44:59 by KoniaX »

KoniaX

« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2004, 02:49:59 »
It doesn't seem to work right for men as targets though... the heli just flew over us and then stayed in the same spot in the air.

Dubieman

« Reply #3 on: 10 Aug 2004, 03:05:02 »
Hmm,
thanks for testin.

Helis don't usually target men in the first place and sometimes the heli or the target is finicky.

I was lookin in my "addons stored" folder and found the english readme for you all. It might help clear up some things. ::) ;D

The IR target? I've never used it. I don't really know who attacks it but all I know is that it is Infared.  The readme explains a little about it, but the creator doesn't seem to know much about it niether. :P

EDIT: Too clear some things up if they weren't clear already:
-man target is like an actual man target in front of you, just invisible and untouchable, but it is setpos able and setheightable

-armor target is like a tank but untouchable and invisible and is attacked by tanks, rocket guys, and aircraft.

-Laser is for the LGB carrying A10.

-IR, I have know idea ??? :P

All targets can be setpos somewhere and can be set at different heights like 10 or 150 or something.
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2004, 03:13:16 by GuiltyRoachKillar »

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 10 Aug 2004, 23:20:23 »
No one else for the 5kb download? Don't be afraid of the addon included.... :P

Dubieman

« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2004, 16:16:19 »
Hmm if no one tests this within a few days I'm just gonna submit it... ::)

Azraell_X

« Reply #6 on: 14 Aug 2004, 17:07:27 »
i just tried to test it...got an error saying "Cannot find BAS_repairH" . Mission still started but no chopper ever came.  I have all the BAS stuff....is that something new?
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2004, 17:08:09 by Azraell_X »

Dubieman

« Reply #7 on: 16 Aug 2004, 00:44:49 »
I don't have any BAS stuff.... :P

Well my MH 47 but that's it, I'll check the mission thingy.

Though I might not get around to it... But I'll look at it.

EDIT
Err I looked at both test missions that I may have sent.

Gtest which is prolly what you have didn't have any addons except for the AH64, and invisible target addon.
Which I included in the file. I don't think it had BAS labels though.... :P

Not quite sure what's wrong...

« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2004, 00:48:54 by GuiltyRoachKillar »