Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: INIT SCRIPT TOO SLOW???  (Read 936 times)

Offline ZNorQ

• Members
  • ehr... uhm... duh...
INIT SCRIPT TOO SLOW???
« on: 26 Jul 2004, 23:59:05 »
Something strange is happening!

In my mission I'm using BAS_DeRas 1.55, HEP's M82 v1.1, Sarugao, and JAM v2.

My INIT.sqs is executing a script which clears all weapons and ammo - and puts up my own preferred configuration. But when I'm starting up the MP game, I'm missing the weapons and some of the ammo. (This actually varies for each time I start up.)

Seems like some times the INIT.sqs it partly executed. If I start in single player game (without the briefing) I get everything, alas it seems that the INIT.sqs (and scripts executed from INIT.sqs) won't get a chance to complete untill the game starts in MP.

Does anyone of you know if this might be correct, and if there is some way of making SURE that the scripts are completed before the server starts the game...?

Sorry for my lame attempt of explaining my problem.

ZNorQ

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:INIT SCRIPT TOO SLOW???
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jul 2004, 03:37:03 »
Instead of calling another script from init.sqs, try putting the whole code from said script in init.sqs.

What I think is happening is.......the init.sqs runs......calls your script..........carries on with any other parts of itself then exits........meanwhile the script it called may still be running when the mission starts.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline ZNorQ

• Members
  • ehr... uhm... duh...
Re:INIT SCRIPT TOO SLOW???
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul 2004, 22:09:51 »
Yes, that is what I concluded with too.. I knew the mission didn't start till the INIT.sqs was finished, so I tried cut'n paste the soldier setup script in the INIT.sqs instead. And that worked.

I was hoping to keep the INIT.sqs "clean and tidy", but seems I have to scrap that idea.

ZNorQ