Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: endless problems, i need a solution NOW  (Read 390 times)

minimilo

endless problems, i need a solution NOW
« on: 25 Jul 2004, 21:05:11 »
i startedc a mission on nogova where two squads are took close to the airport by chopper to attack it, i started with the squads gettin in seperate blackhawks, but the crasher 50% of the time, so i changed it to a single chinook, now, when the squad reaches its destination, they jump out in mid air, injuring themselves, so atm ive got a field hospital at the landing zone, but is there and easier solution, or more realistic solution

cheers

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:endless problems, i need a solution NOW
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2004, 22:20:52 »
Do you want the choppers to land and the troops to get out?   If so, look in the Ed Depot for scripts to help with this - snYpir did a good one I think.

If you want them to parachute their are also scripts in the Ed Depot.    Make sure the chopper is high enough.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Dubieman

Re:endless problems, i need a solution NOW
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jul 2004, 22:32:43 »
Use waypoints to get the troops out on the ground. Otherwise, use a para script in the ed depot like Macguba said.

Use the moveincargo command to get the infantry in the chinook and then have the chinook fly to the LZ, and place some invisble Hs. Transport unload works there and the CH47 flies to the next waypoint. Give the troops there Seek and Destroy WP or whatever. They disembark and go to the WP.

No more "guys I wanna test this, who thinks I can jump out the rear end of chinook at 25ft?" :P ;D
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2004, 22:33:27 by GuiltyRoachKillar »