but i don't have an addons folder what can i do
nothing woks...

i have ver 1.00

what can i do...

thanks...

1shottokill

Re:SOS
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jul 2004, 18:52:11 »
Sorry while I blow up laughing!  ;D You still have V 1.00 :o Anyways your addons folder is in wherever you installed operation flashpoint to. (Usually /Program Files/Codemasters/Operation Flashpoint) your addons folder is in there, but have you checked whether these addons use animations which were intoduced in 1.75 (can someone check this out i dunno) otherwise the whole game will not work. While you are on the internet go on www.flashpoint1985.com and download the ultimate upgrade 1

canabeez

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jul 2004, 18:55:21 »
that's the prob... i don't have that folder, can i just create it or something...?
The patch says that the game is not installed on my computer...
i'm goin crazy here...

please help

thanks

1shottokill

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jul 2004, 19:02:06 »
Move all the downloaded addons to a new folder and uninstall operation flashpoint and reinstall it and PM me if it don't work.
« Last Edit: 20 Jul 2004, 19:05:35 by Lord Arseington »

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jul 2004, 20:29:26 »
When I had a pirate version of OFP, somewhat three years ago, I had the same problem. Though there wasn't any unofficial addons then.. which could explain why there isn't an addons folder in your OFP installation path.

I'm just guessing here, but I don't think version 1.00 had an addons folder because there wasn't any addons to put in there.
As the next patches followed quickly the release, an addons folder was introduced.

Dear canabeez, if you have an original version of the game and you can't update it with the official patches from www.flashpoint1985.com you should indeed try reinstalling the game. If however the problem is the same which I had three years ago, and I'm not saying or assuming that it is, I'm afraid there's not much you can do really aside from getting an original version.. as I did  :)

/edit
If my memory serves me correctly, you can get your game to version 1.46 with CWC without Resistance. 1.46 has already lots of cool and very useful features brought in, but for 99% of today's addons you're going to need resistance, which makes the game to version 1.75 and can be upgraded to 1.96.
« Last Edit: 20 Jul 2004, 20:32:42 by Artak »
Not all is lost.

Dubieman

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jul 2004, 20:55:55 »
When I got the gold edition I had the CWC CD and the Red Hammer CD that took it up to 1.46 I think.

But the first cd only goes to 1.20 methinks.

I thought version 1.00 was the demo? ???

Either way I suggest you go out and purchase the CWC edition+Resistance and use internet upgrades from there to get 1.96. :P

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #6 on: 21 Jul 2004, 00:47:20 »
Version 1.00 is not the demo, it was the first release version.     As far as I recall it had, as you would expect with a release version, no addons.      And consequently no addons folder.

You should definitely download upgrades from the official site to take you up to version 1.46.   This should give you an addons folder and indeed a bunch of addons, as well as a whole bunch of other improvements.   If you are on a slow connection use a free download manager like GetRight (search Google) to help.

If that doesn't work out (there are more people still on v1.00 than you might think, its actually not that rare) then you can create your own addons folder.    Get to your OFP folder (which has subfolders like Missions, Campaigns and BIN and right click your mouse, then create a new folder and name it addons.  Whether it will work or not is another matter.)

You are very strongly recommended to buy Resistance or GOTY (Game of the Year edition) if you possibly can, its only like US$10 - US$15 these days.    Use the same link in Artak's post to upgrade to version 1.96, the latest.  
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Dubieman

« Reply #7 on: 21 Jul 2004, 02:03:52 »
Hmm so version 0.86 or whatever was the demo?
I dunno why but that was fun...I wish they used the end of that to add to the reg mission 02 infantry so you could give up, fight your way out or hide from the so called incoming forces in the demo. ;D

Either way canabeez, get resistance, its the best thing you will have ever done.:thumbsup:

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #8 on: 21 Jul 2004, 09:58:51 »
As I see it, the Demo is a demo and has different version numbers from the game all together. The game is now at 1.96 and the latest (and probably last) demo version is somewhere around 1.40.
Not all is lost.

canabeez

« Reply #9 on: 21 Jul 2004, 10:20:28 »
Thanks to everyone!
I guess the best way for me whould be to get the
latest version of the game, cuz i'm kinda tired of
all the probs...

anyway thanks people

-Simon