Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to make something happen when anyone does something? :D  (Read 419 times)

Lihamatti

Yes, not very good subject but try to deal with it. OK.
How can I make something happen when a man (not a specified man, anyone) does something? For Example if a man comes close to some point, he will die. Of course I could put a script in every man's init but it doesn't seem very intelligent. So I need a script that knows if any man is in some area, and who the man is.

AnarCHy

Re:How to make something happen when anyone does something? :D
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2004, 14:43:19 »
well, who it is i dont know, but put a trigger wit activation --> anybody and it will happen when "anybody" comes into the triggers' field

SpawnFodder

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jul 2004, 17:30:28 »
theres a napalm script which has a section which kills anyone who comes within a certain distance of a marker, look for that and try and adapt it to do what you want it to

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jul 2004, 18:33:29 »
When you want to detect something, what you need is a trigger.    In fact triggers used to be known as "sensors", which is a good name for them.     They "sense" when an event occurs and "trigger" a consequence.

I suggest you head over to the Editors Depot - Tutorials - Getting started and read up on triggers.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play