Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Good old SA-80  (Read 3369 times)

Top Gun

Re:Good old SA-80
« Reply #15 on: 21 Feb 2003, 19:02:03 »
You can say what you like about the SA80 but dont knock it till youve fired it, cus then youll know what its really like (Fantasticly accurate - thanx to the SUSAT sighting). Im part of a Cadet force... thats how i know this.

bigsouth1981

« Reply #16 on: 21 Feb 2003, 20:11:01 »
Im in the kings regiment (Armoured infantry), so i fire the sa80 on a regular basis. Ive noticed if its kept very clean, then its a very reliable, accurate weapon.
Im in the shooting team, and the weapons acuraccy is unquestionable, thanks to the susat no doubt. Hitting a figure 11 target at 400m every time is a breeze, providing the rifle has been zeroed correctly.
Personally i dont mind it, although i think the LSW is turd. I had on on excercise last week and in one section attack it jammed 28 times, 23 of them in repetition. Despite my stoppage drills, the weapon only improved after i had cleaned it thoroughly.

Top Gun

« Reply #17 on: 21 Feb 2003, 20:48:55 »
I agree, the lsw is about as supportive as a rubber crutch!!!! but its better than nothing i suppose.

bigsouth1981

« Reply #18 on: 21 Feb 2003, 20:59:23 »
yeah better than throwing stones i suppose.
The quicker we are given th C9 the better
Minimi all the way........or the hk mg43, dont know if youve seen it, looks pretty sinilar

Top Gun

« Reply #19 on: 21 Feb 2003, 21:19:46 »
no i havent, but the C9 would be much better. Wot do you reckon to the warrior? Could it be made into an addon?

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #20 on: 21 Feb 2003, 22:14:57 »
this

http://www.opflashpoint.org/addons.php?v=462

is the BEST sa-80 to date, really top notch work and the reason why i binned my one

Bibmi

« Reply #21 on: 22 Feb 2003, 09:12:50 »
The are some pics here of the SA80 and LSW that will be released in the first weapons pack

http://www.concept-5.com/ukforces/

Chris330 is also a member of the UK Forces team and he is also working on some other interesting weapons addons... ;)

HuNtA

« Reply #22 on: 29 Mar 2003, 11:21:58 »
Thats well good.
When I got it the first thing i did thought was de pbo it, open it up in oxygen, and move the gun back a bit so he holds it

FatJoe

« Reply #23 on: 29 Mar 2003, 11:39:32 »
The are some pics here of the SA80 and LSW that will be released in the first weapons pack..

Heres one new, among few other guns that will be included in PUKF - untextured

Cheers
Joe

Stu35

« Reply #24 on: 30 Mar 2003, 21:36:32 »
are you aussies just plain stupid?

I can't believe you have to ask.

and the SA80 only jams if it is not cleaned periodically as shown in the manual - it clearly states -

"THIS WEAPON MUST BE CLEANED PERIODICALLY* REGARDLESS OF USAGE OR STORAGE

*every 5 minutes minimum, 2 minutes reccomended"

You can say what you like about the SA80 but dont knock it till youve fired it, cus then youll know what its really like (Fantasticly accurate - thanx to the SUSAT sighting). Im part of a Cadet force... thats how i know this.

I fired it, carried it around for a bit, and pined for the good old days all the while.

Okay, so we could hit rabbits at 350 metres without too much hassle, but whether or not we could hit a potential enemy is irrelevant because we were essentially lugging around a BB Gun with a challenging in-built 3D puzzle game.

Thats my opinion and i stick by it, god save the SLR because the UN wouldn't, the bastards.

Fatjoe - those models are okay, commendable

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #25 on: 30 Mar 2003, 22:51:11 »
'those models are ok, commendable'

hmmm, low poly would be a word...  ::)

stu, trust me, ive been testing this weapon in game... it doesnt jam, you dont have to clean it, and it sounds and looks like the dogs bollocks - alrite?

turst me, try and aiport siege at night where all you can hear is SA80's and see their tracers... looks fucking mint!

and whether the LSW is a goo support weapon or not, i dont think need sto be discusses... in game it kicks ass... in real life it sucks ass... go figure  :P
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2003, 23:10:52 by Messiah »
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #26 on: 30 Mar 2003, 23:16:18 »
hmmm, here is a pic of our 'commendable' weapons...  ;D

[img removed]SA80__LSW.JPG[/img]
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2003, 23:17:39 by Messiah »

FatJoe

« Reply #27 on: 30 Mar 2003, 23:21:58 »
can anyone tell me what this 'commendable' means?!  ???

Cheers
Joe

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #28 on: 30 Mar 2003, 23:26:37 »
those weapons look very nice!.

But the soldiers look even better! God, I like those desert BDU's (DPM?) of the british.

to Fat joe.
lose weight! And to commendable. (I'm not english, so I can be wrong) I think it's 'short' for 'recommendable'. With other words; he would recommand people to download/use them when finished.

Offline Messiah

• Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #29 on: 30 Mar 2003, 23:31:11 »
hmm, the desert troops are very sexy, must admit... theese are DESERT BDU's.... normal cammo is the DPM (disruptive pattern material)

trust me, even tho these para's aint completely finished yet... the beta's ive been using are of a higher quality than anything you have seen before  ;D

and the SA80 stilll sounds like my dogs bollocks  ;D