Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Helicopter just spins in circles at waypoints.  (Read 1192 times)

Offline DOA

• Members
  • ArmA 2 Rules - Nothing else comes close!
    • The Graveyard Shift
Helicopter just spins in circles at waypoints.
« on: 23 Jun 2004, 23:22:23 »
I create a helicopter unit and give it several waypoints. I would fight on desperately waiting for the helicopter to arrive... and it never showed up. I put myself "incargo" and flew along to see what was happening...The helicopter reaches a waypoint stops and just spins around.  Why?  How can I make it continue on to the next waypoint. They are all "move" waypoints.
Thanks in advance...DOA
ArmA 2 - Nothing else comes close!
--
DOA

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Re:Helicopter just spins in circles at waypoints.
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2004, 23:53:58 »
Did you have her fly above 100 meters using the flyinheight command? I have a faint image that when a chopper is flying over 100 meters it can "miss" it's waypoint and start spinning around it.
Not all is lost.

Offline DOA

• Members
  • ArmA 2 Rules - Nothing else comes close!
    • The Graveyard Shift
Re:Helicopter just spins in circles at waypoints.
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jun 2004, 13:57:48 »
Thank you Artak. You are 100% correct. I was using a height of 200 meters because some of my jumpers were getting killed by the short fall to the ground. Now that you remind me, I too remember that somewhere I have read about helicopters missing waypoints if too high.  I lowered the bird to 120 and the jumpers survive and the helicopter makes all it's waypoints. I visited your website and downloaded all the addons and missions there, they are great. Thanks again...DOA

http://www.ofptf.ofpr.com/
ArmA 2 - Nothing else comes close!
--
DOA