Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Scripts with the ICPanims  (Read 21021 times)

Manitou

Re:Scripts with the ICPanims
« Reply #30 on: 24 Aug 2004, 13:03:44 »
The soldiers do go into combat mode, it's the relaxed anim that sticks. When they fire, the shots come from where the rifle would be if they were kneeling. I think that it's the change in anim that causes the problem. They all start in the relaxed ICP anims but can't seem to shift anims so starting them in a crouched anim should work fine. It wont matter if they stick in crouchToCombat anim as that's what will make them so hard to shoot at.

For the script you are developing for fixed positions, again a MP version could be made where they start alert, in crouched anims, as it seems to be the change from one anim to another that MP doesn't like.

Zayfod's scripts work very well in certain situations but not so well in others. I noticed that sometimes the ai find it difficult to spot you, even when you stand right in front of them. Hopefully his new version will address this. :D

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2004, 18:41:52 by Blanco »
Search or search or search before you ask.

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: 28 Aug 2004, 22:04:03 »
No video? ???

AnarCHy

« Reply #33 on: 28 Aug 2004, 22:14:13 »
This is the first time I posted in this thread but WoW!!!  :o :o

Basically wow at all of the stuff, but the movie really showed it off.

I also kind of liked the atmospheric feel to the movie (heeh kind of fun to watch that the whole way through)

And, what soldiers did you use for that?  (probably already answered this) Is it the Marine Assault Pack?

Wow blanco
AnarCHy

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #34 on: 02 Sep 2004, 19:01:37 »
Thx,

I think I can release the FIXEDpositions script in a few days.

I did some tests yesterday and they are doing it pretty well. (in SP)
When an enemy is closer then 50m and he knows you're there, he will target the closest and most known enemy, otherwise he will watch the direction(s) you've defined.
So don't be surprised when you enter a building ,the enemy will been waiting for you when you enter the room where he''s hiding.
In most battles I did as attacker, the guys in the buildings were the last men standing (actually sitting :-) ) and were extremely dangerous when we moved into town.

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #35 on: 12 Sep 2004, 19:56:45 »
hmmm, I think I gonna shut my mouth next time...

Just log in to say that I'm on vacation (for 3 more weeks), will release the script when I'm back

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #36 on: 21 Sep 2004, 04:35:07 »
Fixed positions script

Nice screen, huh?

This AI script could make urban combat(defense) more interesting. It can ONLY be used on individual units with at least 1 waypoint!

With this script you can put soldiers in houses behind windows or any other obstacle it can see and fire through / over . When the enemy enters a building, there's a fair chance he will kill him in the doorway when he enters the room. (or even through another window he was currently watching)

The zip contains two opensource missions,

Last man standing and le Port.
In the first mission you play the defender, in le Port you are the attacker.
Both missions use one addon, ICPanims , it's in the zip.

This is the last application script using the ICPanims.
I hope I can make it work in a similar way for MP, because I believe the script is more useful in Coop missions.

Check the readme for instructions
Let me know what you think about it.

Download it HERE
« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2004, 04:41:46 by Blanco »

Manitou

« Reply #37 on: 24 Sep 2004, 13:34:12 »
More superb work, Blanco!!! ;D

Gone are the days of seeing wedges of stationary ai waiting to defend towns, bunkers and trenches. With these easy to use scripts, an assualt mission will become a tactiaclly challenging operation, fruaght with danger that lurks around every corner.

Mission makers can now create hostage rescue missions with a level of controll of the captors, never before experienced in OFP.

Low end PC users will also greatly benefit from these scripts. This is because mission makers can now place enemy ai in all manner of develish positions that will both improve their survivability and thier effectivness, when they engage you and your squad. This means that thier is no longer the need to place a platoon of enemys to defend an objective as half the number of troops, well placed and using these scripts, will proove to be difficult to budge.

Finnaly, the ICP annims have allowed for far more natural and believable enemy, when they are waiting at their posts. I can't describe how much better it is to be sneeking up through the bushes, taking a look through your binoculars and finding the enemy are set up in what looks like one of the cutscene animations, from the PR screenshots, the addon mod teams send to the OFP news sites.

Hat's off once again to Blanco and his scripts. :D

Best of luck with the MP version of the scripts, Blanco. Let me know if you want help beta testing them. :)

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #38 on: 20 Oct 2004, 05:36:15 »
Thank you for these kind words, you almost make me blush  :)

I'm working on a improved version of my trenchscript. (still only SP)

The trenchunits are far more attentive now for tango's within medium range (<100m and > 50m).
It worked very well in my fixed pos script, so I 've implented that code in my trenchscript.
Also,... I've noticed that the machinegunner in a trenchgroup made 90% of the kills, When you've killed the machinegunner, sometimes the other members were less dangerous.  This is better in the improved version.

First tests were promising  :)

So save your nades and make effective use of your grenadier  

Best of luck with the MP version of the scripts, Blanco. Let me know if you want help beta testing them

I will send you pm when I'm so far.

Almost forgot : I'm doing tests with a version that almost work with groups.
That's a big step forward, because then you can play as commander and reveal targets to your men or if you leave this to AI, they will fight without some fancy scripting.
The only problem is that they are all watching NORTH the opposite direction of the leader (why for godsake) at the beginning,  they ignore all the dowatch commands...and that's a real pity.

« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2004, 09:25:22 by Blanco »

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #39 on: 13 Feb 2005, 22:27:18 »
did u delete the trench script from the first post, why? i want to try it?

even if it is an obsolete version, who cares its better than none

please repost the old one while your making the new, it looks so great from the video

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #40 on: 14 Feb 2005, 01:55:37 »
the mirror works for me.

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #41 on: 15 Feb 2005, 03:35:30 »
where? i cant find it.

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #42 on: 15 Feb 2005, 03:38:40 »
o,

im dumb.

never mind i found it.

thanks

STGN

« Reply #43 on: 17 Feb 2005, 23:23:09 »
I think this script is realy cool but i tried it whit FLASHFX replacement mod and their it whont work why is that?
STGN
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2005, 23:23:35 by STGN »

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #44 on: 18 Feb 2005, 01:57:35 »
Hmmm, probably a bug in the ammo script...

Ok, try this :

- Open the ammo.sqs
- Remove the line : _unit removealleventhandlers "fired"
- Replace it with : _unit removeeventhandler ["fired",0]
- Save the script and try.

**EDIT**

Yup, It works. I just tried the Fixedpos mission Last man standing and I saw the BN tracers, so I suppose it will work that way. (and it was a great nightfight  8) )
I also tried the Le port mission and I was killed when I entered a house, I was killed in the doorway.  :P

Do the same thing with the trenchscript, because it the ammo script is also a part of the trenchscript.

Thx, for reporting the bug.

PS : If somebody knows a way to make the ICP script work in MP, be my guest, because I believe the ICPscripts should be great and challenging in Coopmissions.

« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2005, 02:45:25 by Blanco »