Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Civil War Campaign  (Read 7757 times)

Tomasz

Re:Civil War Campaign
« Reply #15 on: 18 Aug 2004, 21:45:53 »
Hey mates,

well the wheel of life starts to turn cuz i have two first ppl in the team.

Mission Maker MuntaHunta and Cutscene Maker Gooner. We are not starting yet, for I'm waiting for a bigger potential in the beginning.

To CoolZ: I do not copy ur idea or anything. Its a new independent project and I will never relate it to urs. Cheers mate.

I will keep the thread updated with the progress.

Thanks for support ( if any  :gunman::hmm: ) ;)

Tomasz

HOBOMAN

« Reply #16 on: 29 Aug 2004, 21:26:41 »
Tomasz i got your email sorry i can't help out.  :(
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2004, 21:26:57 by HOBOMAN »

Texas

« Reply #17 on: 03 Sep 2004, 16:04:17 »
Your idea is nice, and its not stereotypical like many others. Agreed that it can be painfull to make it into a campaign but with some good will it can be made  ;)

Obviously both sides dont have "Super-Commandos" (they are conscripts after all), neither sophisticated equipment (i.e. choppers, tanks) since the small and crappy nogovo republic cant afford em. But as missions progress e.x. russia and the other side can send in some instructors to train infantry, send in ammo and things like that (but not sophisticated things again)

I can help with anything exept scripting ( i dont know shit and i dont wanna learn :P )

Gooner861

« Reply #18 on: 03 Sep 2004, 23:30:52 »
Hi there Texas, just add Tomasz and me to ur msn than we can chat more.

Cheers

Gooner

Ps. Panathinaikos suck  :P
« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2004, 23:31:39 by Gooner »

Matt Walter

« Reply #19 on: 04 Sep 2004, 02:17:17 »
Hey, the idea sounds good. I just fell in love with the switch side idea.

First Idea: I agree, tanks and choppers are a bad ideas... at lest at the beginning. I think as the game progresses, the 2 major nations will supply them slowly because they have other priorities.

Related Idea: I think the "other" nations should be in a neutral state, but if you do something really good, like activate the best ending for a mission, a nation might give you some weapons... ex: If there is a mission you protect a convoy and not one unit is destroyed, Japan will give you some weapons. It wouldn't always be Japan.

Second Idea: Making you change teams is not the easiest idea to tackle. You could make a mission that you are sent on a special mission and you get in a trap and are surrounded. They give there point of view and you have a choice to choose your side. If you join them, they don't kill you, if you say no, some Bradleys conveniently come and save the day.

Third Idea: If the second idea is too hard to do, we could make the campaign from 2 prospectives on opposite sides. First maybe the USSR supported side looks like the bad guys, but later on the player can interpret any side being the "good guys" because the U.S. backed side could be really corrupt.

Forth Idea: Each "main" nation sends in some special forces... playable?... up to you. Use addon special forces for each side, I can give you some addon recommendations if you like the idea of special forces.

Summing it all up: I guess that was it... I think I am forgetting something, but if I remember it, I will tell you.  8)

Tomasz

« Reply #20 on: 09 Sep 2004, 20:48:09 »
So the work has begun!!! :D

The very beginnings of the project have seen some hope as the entire team is ready to start ;D.  Matt and Texas are in the team. We are also happy to get some useful help from ONIX. ;) Thanks mate.

I hope that the next news on this thread will announce the successful end of the project.

cheers all,

Tomasz

Tomasz

« Reply #21 on: 20 Sep 2004, 18:45:42 »
Hey guys,

I announce a new member in our team, LooseKannon! ;)

I hope we will have some nice work together.

Comming back to the project, the work hasn't ceased so far, hold your thumbs guys ;D

:cheers:

Tomasz

Gooner861

« Reply #22 on: 20 Sep 2004, 18:52:04 »
...... ands its looking and sounding great if i dont say so myself  ;D .

Gooner - CWC Cutscene Maker

Dagon

« Reply #23 on: 21 Sep 2004, 09:10:50 »
Hey Tomasz, are you interested in any more members? I'd like to help with the campaign if you're interested.

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #24 on: 21 Sep 2004, 10:17:23 »
Hi there everyone.

I'll be working on the 3rd mission, which, already is almost ready to go. Of corse, its just a plain idea, but is blooming hard to do. (playing the mission, difficulty like 8.5/10).

PM me or E-mail me and we can swap the missions.

Cheers :cheers:

(p.s. some of the mission designs we might need to change, like the idea of over 150 men on each side, would lagg like crazy!)

Gooner861

« Reply #25 on: 21 Sep 2004, 14:15:38 »
Hi there Dagon,

If ur willing to put the time and effort into this campaign ur welcome to join us. The more people the better. Just add Tomasz or me to MSN or if u dnt have MSN just PM one of us and we'll let the other know.

If u dnt have MSN, u shud try and get it as it wud be very handy to be able to chat to mission makers or woteva on ideas etc.

Cheers

Gooner  ;D

Tomasz

« Reply #26 on: 21 Sep 2004, 16:53:59 »
LooseKannon, the point is just to make the player feel that those 150men are there. He doesnt have to see them, just hear reports and ( if any , dont remember :P) fire exchanges.

Anyway nice to hear about the progress.

Tomasz

P.S. You really think its a plain idea? :noo: :wow:

Gooner861

« Reply #27 on: 21 Sep 2004, 20:03:35 »
Just a quick note: i have begun the main intro of the campaign, its going pretty well so far, looking nice  ;D .

Anyway just a quick update.

Gooner

SilentHunter_764

« Reply #28 on: 23 Sep 2004, 13:06:18 »
errrmmm i didnt say that the mission was a plain idea, i said that the one i sent you was the plain draft :P lol. Just a 'scetch' or somthing.

If you want, i'll make constant radio messages going in between each group/the ones you dont see.

p.s. did you try it out?

Dagon

« Reply #29 on: 23 Sep 2004, 14:13:53 »
btw, are you planning on using the buy weapons script?

A modified version of the one in the editors depot with a nicer aesthetic appeal would be nice - it'd  be a nice alternative to having to scavenge everything or get given everything at the start of the mission, and it'd promote a bit of variation - players could choose how to handle each level and have to ration their money accordingly, etc.