Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Link to that software that does all ur briefings objectives things  (Read 3994 times)

Gooner861

Any1 have a link to that guy who has made that software that allows u 2 easily make briefings etc. Ive forgotten wot it is.  ;D

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
There are loads of different. Have a look in ed depot under tools and I think you can find at least 3.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
Its called Chris Hendersons Operation Flashpoint Script Editor, or CHOFPSE for short :) Look at his site for the latest version :)

Rhys
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Gooner861

Bloody hell this things amazing.

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
LOL Yes it is isnt it? IT does everything :)

Rhys

Gooner861

Good so now i can right the damn things, how do i get them to work? I read synpir's tut and that gives a basic tut on what to do, but i dunno wot u do or insert to make the objectives to work etc.

Note: I'll create by briefing.html and overview.html and show u wot im doing as soon as i get some free time.

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
insert to make the objectives to work

If you mean getting objective to appear, everything is in the wizard. i mean everything :)

Of course the do have limitations as far as creating several pages for notes (like the COC UA Manual)..

yeha post what u have.. ill take a look see :)

Rhys

_hammy_

As there are many different briefing wizards around, not very many people i dont think realize that my executable command reference has just the thing.
It has the following:
-list of Commands to 1.91
-Weapons and Ammo list
-Animation list including all resistance animations
-Briefing Wizard
-Overview Wizard
-Desciption Wizard
-Function Library (internet required)
-Auto-Update

and its 1.81mb

Download link is in my sig

Gooner861

Right this is the objects part of the briefing.html.

<! **** Objective 1 **** >
<p><a name="OBJ_1"></a>
Follow the tanks from the 5th Armoured division and investigate what has happened in Lipany.
</p><hr>

<! **** Objective 2 **** >
<p><a name="OBJ_2"></a>
Advance into Lipany, clear the square. You will be supported by Alpha and Bravo squads.
</p><hr>

<! **** Objective 3 **** >
<p><a name="OBJ_3"></a>
Get into the truck at the back of the square and pursue the white trucks carrying our prisoners.
</p><hr>

Obviosly i wud want Objective 2 and 3 to be hidden until my units get to a certain point.

Another thing how do you execute these files or does the game already load them up automatically for u. Is that what the init.sqs is for?

Thanks for ur help.

NOTE: This is the first time i have got this far with a mission so be kind  ;D .

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
NOTE: This is the first time i have got this far with a mission so be kind   .

:D Ill bear it in mind.

The Breiifng.HTML (and Overview.HTML) files are executed by the game, with no input from the user.. as long as they are in the mission folder then you have nothing to worry about. The Overview.html is what you see in the SP Mission Menu and the Briefing.HTML is what you see in the notebook after the Intro.

My Mind has gone blank about hiding objectives. Ill let you know in the morning :)

The init.sqs is executed as the mission (as a whole) is loaded. All Init.sqs files are different and they are based around an individuals mission. they control (i would say) what usually happens at the beginning of the mission.. but thast just me :)

Hope this helps.

Rhys

Gooner861

Good so well using that chris thingy script thingy helps loads. I'll read up again on how 2 hide objectives in sypnirs tute.

Thanks again for the help.   :)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
"2" setobjstatus "HIDDEN"
"3" setobjstatus "HIDDEN"

It's all in this little tute.

Gooner861

Ok ive read that and i understand the objstatus stuff but sorry another question where do i put it all.

This objective will show up first but where do i put the objsatus dun and how does it activate?

<! **** Objective 1 **** >
<p><a name="OBJ_1"></a>
Follow the tanks from the 5th Armoured division and investigate what has happened in Lipany.
</p><hr>

The next two objectives are hidden but again where do i put the
"2" setobjstatus "HIDDEN"
"3" setobjstatus "HIDDEN"

and how do they get activated.

<! **** Objective 2 **** >
<p><a name="OBJ_2"></a>
Advance into Lipany, clear the square. You will be supported by Alpha and Bravo squads.
</p><hr>

<! **** Objective 3 **** >
<p><a name="OBJ_3"></a>
Get into the truck at the back of the square and pursue the white trucks carrying our prisoners.
</p><hr>

Sorry to keep bugging u. Thanks  ;D
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2004, 09:08:42 by Gooner861 »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
If you want an objective to be hidden, the best place to put the command is in your init.sqs.

When you want to make it appear, or when an objective is complete, the line of code usually goes in the On Activation line of a trigger.

You are currently undergoing a phase of learning about mission editing that we all went through:   every time you discover something about how to make the mission work you find out that there is another stage you need to know to make the first things work .... it can be a little frustrating, but persevere - we all went through it.    ;)   And don't worry, you can ask as many questions as you like as long as you read the tutes to which we direct you.     :)
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Gooner861

Ok thanks, yeah it is a little frustrating at times seeing as im so close to finishing it. I think i understand how to activate the scripts now from the triggers. Now i just need to know that these init.sqs files do and how i make them.

But as usual i'll have a look through the tutorials and have a quick search then if i still dont get it i'll come back here.

Thanks alot  :cheers: .

Gooner861

Ok so ive looked around for sum tutes on init.sqs and only found synpirs little section on them. Although the tute is good it doesn't really say much about how to make the init.sqs.

Is it just a simple task of opening wordpad, calleing it init.sqs and then sticking 1" ObjStatus "HIDDEN" etc into it.
How do i make them? How wud i put all the info in it + it wud be nice to actually see an example init.sqs to see what they look like etc.

Thanks.

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
The best way to make the INIT.SQS file is using CHOFPSE. Click File>New File> Other> Init.sqs..

Save it to your mission folder. Hey presto!

Yes it as simple as that.. open the INIT.sqs file, and just put "1" ObjStatus "Hidden" in there..

My example init.sqs file is below if you want to look at it...

Gooner861

I didnt know Chris's thing had it.

;D I didnt know it was that easy, thanks m8.

« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2004, 15:52:34 by Gooner861 »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Think of the init.sqs file as a really big init field of a unit, except that it's a script. It will just as the init field of a unit be launched directly when the player starts the mission.

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
I didnt know it was that easy, thanks m8.

no problems mate :)

Gooner861

Another thing, shud be the final question, with my briefing.html overview.html done when i click preview in the mission editor shud all the overview etc appear like in a real mission.

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
The overview will not appear when you click preview because this what you see when u want to selects mission in the Single Player Menu. But you will see your breifing when you click preview.

Note you have to click "m" to bring up the map, and then enlargen the notepad (if not allready enlargened) by double clicking it..

The more questions the better..

Rhys

Gooner861

Right im gonna go try it now be back in an hour or so to tell if it all worked. Hopefully.  :) .

Gooner861

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!!!! Finally all that messing around has payed off!!! Thanks everyone who helped me on this thread, im 98% finished on my first ever mission.

One more thing: how do you activate the intro and outro win?

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
It triggers automaticly. To choose between outro win and outro loose u have to do something with the description.ext I think. Can't remember exactly what the line was, try searching.

« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2004, 16:33:11 by The real Armstrong »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Intro plays automatically before the Briefing.

The Outro plays automatically after the Debriefing screen.

Win Outro if one of the numbered endings was triggered.  (End#1 etc).    Loose Outro if the Loose ending type is triggered.

Loose has got nothing whatsoever to do with lose.

None of this has anything at all to do with description.ext.   Armsty was having a brainstorm.    ;D
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Aw, right. Have to stop eatin these mushrooms. So tasty... can't... :-\

Gooner861

Thank god for that, i was thinking i wud have to learn frm scratch wot a description.ext wud do. Thanks Armsty  ;D .

So all i need to do is have a trigger with "this exec "outro.sqs" " and put it to end#1.

Wots the difference between just a normal outro and win outro. Cos i want my outro to start up not after the debrifing screen but before it.

EDIT:

Damn, ive just tryed doing my win outro, and ive encountered a problem. I created my outro in the "win outro" part of the list but now when i play the win outro in my mission its totally different to what i created, like the trucks i people i placed in the editor arent there its just empty.

I think that means i will have to play the outro after the debriefing, but how can i do that if ive already made the outro in the win outro section.
« Last Edit: 05 Jun 2004, 11:41:14 by Gooner861 »

Gooner861

Crisis ova, it all works fine, everything works  ;D . Objectives show up wen there meant 2, intro and outro's show up properly. Thanks for the help.

Just two minor things, how can i get a marker up to show who my group leader is cos i keep avin 2 click "where are you" to locate him + how do u get the yellow waypoints to show up?
« Last Edit: 05 Jun 2004, 15:45:48 by Gooner861 »

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
Hi, me again,

For the markers do this:-

1.  Name the unit that the leader is, in this example he is named "you"
2.  Make a marker in the editor to correspond ot the position of the leader, and name it "you_marker"
3.  Put this code into a script, save the script in your mission folder.
4.  Exec the script in the INIT.sqs file, pu thtis inthe INIT file: [] exec "leaderposition.sqs"

Code: [Select]
_unit = you; _mark = "you_marker"
?(alive _unit): _mark setmarkerpos [getpos _unit select 0, getpos _unit select 1]
?(!alive _unit): _mark setmarkerpos [0,0]

For the waypoints:

Do you mena u want the wayponts to show up on the map? TO do this, in the EDIT WAYPOINT dialogue box (double click the waypoint), look down the bottom, and you will see womething like Show Waypoints, it should be on Never, click Veteran or Cadet mode for the waypoints to be shown on the map in the respective game modes.

If you want the waypoints to show up in game, i think they will, in other words i dont think they always show up when u click PREVIEW, unless it has somehting to do with the SHOW WAYPOINTS command..

Regards

Rhys
« Last Edit: 05 Jun 2004, 17:24:28 by rhysduk »

Gooner861

Hello there rhysduk.

I copied and pasted the script and did as u said put nothing happened. Will this script just show a marker up on the map, cos i want that green circle to appear on the officer in game.

Another quick point ive searched for help on creating radio chatter, u know the blue writing that appears at the bottom of the screen but its either there no tutes on it or im not looking hard enuff.  ;D
« Last Edit: 05 Jun 2004, 19:03:17 by Gooner861 »

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
that green circle

What green circle lol :)

Um well it didnt work? Ill put a very small example mission together in 10 mins and upload.. :)

You mena u want sideChat in the game :)

This is one way of doing it here (Fourth one down in list)

Ill upload a good example mission if i can find it, i think its by TOADLIFE. not sure though..

sideChat: use _unitname sideChat "message" to get the blue text to appear, this will only give you text though.. and no sound..

sideRadio:- use _unitname sideRadio "CFGRadioClass to get the sound and text to display as blue text.. the CFGRadioClass is defined int he Description.Ext file and Stringtable file i think...

Personnaly, sound and radio is a very dodgy subject for me and OFP,, i have numerous problems but im getting better..

If only LCD was here  :'(

Rhys
« Last Edit: 05 Jun 2004, 22:40:21 by rhysduk »

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
Rhys is back, back again!

So, like i said, here are two examples mission, the one for the radio and the one too show you how my little script works.

I take it you know where to put it.. Open it up (Both are on Desert Island), and hit preivew. For mine, just move about the map whilst looking at the map to see the marker follow the leader of the group...

For the radio one... hit preview and listne to instructions..

Rhys

PS i sent the sound one to your email because of its size..

EDIT: you will have to send ur email address to me, either through IM or email.. as it is hidden  on our profile ;)

« Last Edit: 06 Jun 2004, 01:02:51 by rhysduk »

Gooner861

No need to now m8  ;D i understand it all now.

Aint got time to try it out now but i'll come back to this post if i need any help.
Thanks alot yet agin for the great help  :) . Shud c my mission in the beta section soon, c how crappy it is!  :D .

Cheers.

Gooner861

After setting up your init.sqs file, type this in a script or trigger to make a radio message appear to come from "PAPA_BEAR":  
papabear sideradio "radiomessage"  

This is frm toadlifes tute, so does this just basically mean make a scipt that looks like this:

papabear sideradio "Hello there, i'd like to but a cone of chips"
~2

how do i exit it?

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
your init.sqs file

My INIT file? which one mate?

I take it you are wanting radio messages to "come from" different units arent you? I dont think you can do this as far as i know... there is a thread i helped on once about teh names of units and radio messages.. search for it ;)

when u use _unitname sideRadio "CFGRadioClass", you put the name of the unit there but OFP just assigns it a name like Kilo Black 1 regardless if you have named it "Billy" (or something).. i think this is the case anyway...

Do you have a link for Toadlifes Tut please so i can look at it?

Scripts? Yes you can use scripts for radio.. but i need to see the tut .. imlost now :( (Happens often this does  ;) )

Rhys

EDIT: Just found teh tutorial.. give me a hour or two to read up and test it.. then ill get back to you :)
« Last Edit: 06 Jun 2004, 19:33:28 by rhysduk »

Gooner861

Soz i shud i been more specific, i got the quote frm toadlife's tut.

Just leave it for now, i'll send it to be beta tested soon. Seeing that its my first mission i suppose i cud leave all that out for now.

Thanks alot for the help. I'll make sure to add ur names in the credits  ;D . I bet thats just made ur day.

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
lol ok.. you like changing your mind dont you?

Looking forward to the BETA :)

Thanks alot for the help. I'll make sure to add ur names in the credits   . I bet thats just made ur day.

::) ... Yeah  ;D

Gooner861

Hello again, seeing that no one is relpying in the advanced thread i'll here. My intro doesnt seem to want to end and ive heard that u can end ur intro with a trigger, how u do it exactly or are there any other ways.

Im delaying my BETA to cos im trying to think up ways to make the mission bit longer and more exciting. I know its my first mission and i shouldn't expect much frm it but its just a plain old take the town mission. Mite just re-do the whole thing.
« Last Edit: 08 Jun 2004, 18:09:47 by Gooner861 »

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
Im not sure mate,

seeing that no one is relpying in the advanced thread i'll here

As this is a Intro based question try putting it in the Cutscene board, you should get a response in there ;)

I use
Code: [Select]
_cam cameraeffect ["terminate", "back"]
camdestroy _cam

And it does the trick but u can use triggers ;)

Rhys