Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ...but it's no OFP.  (Read 1675 times)

FLBEE

...but it's no OFP.
« on: 25 May 2004, 04:47:40 »
In between my OFP editing and playing, I try to keep up with what's new on the military sim horizon.  It's a little sad.
I read about how there will be medics , how there will be vehicle interaction, about how there will be detailed command menus for ordering troops around,about how great it is that you are on a island and there are no corridors to follow, and about how detailed the weapons and AI behaviour will be.
Wow, that is definatly new and improved.  ::)

OFP has been doing all this brand new stuff for what, 3 years now? I really appreciate this site and its users for keeping this game better than anything out there.

Next year looks to be like this year. When I do try another shooter, like always I will say, "yeah its OK, but its no OFP"

deaddog

Re:...but it's no OFP.
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2004, 05:18:12 »
Well said.  :)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2004, 19:37:56 »
Yeah! Nostalgia and philosiphistic speeches! Down to the bar and get yourself drunk!!

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Dubieman

« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2004, 21:14:42 »
I was lost before in a maze of built missions, walls and levels and could not find peace until late 2001 when OFP changed my life. Thank you Oprah.. ergh I mean OFP. ;)

OFP is just so great, I tried getting more ppl on this infectious game with wide open worlds by giving them one description.

"Think of every other military or shooter game ever made, what happened? You were confined to a single building or floor or even those outside maps had imaginary walls or bounderies. Now imagine a game where you can be on a mission and just run away, I mean run away away, 5000km between away, from any baddie or objective possible and it'd take you two hours."

;D :) ;)

Homefry31464

« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2004, 15:24:33 »
Yeah, the open-endedness of the game is really nice, I don't think any game is like this in that respect (even GTA).  With the scripting, the game's possibilities is amazing.  

Dubieman

« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2004, 18:31:16 »
I got one gripe....

WHY does XBOX get OFP and PS2 doesn't?

Hard drives are coming out for Ps2 so it sant be too hard.
THough I imagine that controls would be rather odd.

*Edited/Removed by Admin*

First person had no grpahics card so he was out.
Second person wasn't allowed by his parents cause their
120gb hard drive supposedly can't handle a game thats only 1.21 gb.....

:'( :'(
« Last Edit: 26 May 2004, 21:47:10 by Noon416 »

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2004, 21:43:38 »
GuiltyRoachKilla,

Don't detail your pirating exploits here...
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"