Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Special waterborn para drop-Need some help :)  (Read 347 times)

Pvt.Petey

Special waterborn para drop-Need some help :)
« on: 23 May 2004, 18:18:54 »
Hi, in my map for the intro im trying to put in a helo drop from a chinook at very low altitude, say 5-10ft above the ocean water so that the marines/seals can jump out and then swim ashore, as upposed to my previous post where they got boated in and out they will probably get helod in and boated out possibly at a different location.

However im having some problems with this, namely;

Ive managed to get the helocopter to follow a  \  
                                                                            |
                                                                           /

like pattern with the middle bit being at a limited velocity but I need the helocopter to go slow enough to be able to make it look like they could actually jump out and survive as opposed to 70 mph-10-15mph anyone?

currently the altitude is about 40 ft and I need a way to take the altitude down only at the middle points and not on entry and exit if that maxes sense-about 5-15 ft?

I need a way to eject the troops without their parachutes going off- as in accordance with this type of seal drop I think I saw on g.i jane they just drop out with their gear and use it to float on the surface.

p.s I have no knowledge of scripting ;)-Would a rappel script work????
« Last Edit: 23 May 2004, 18:26:45 by Pvt.Petey »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Special waterborn para drop-Need some help :)
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2004, 19:20:54 »
It would probably be easier to have them drop out while the chopper was stationery, rather than moving slowly, and yes, an abseil/rappel script could probably be suitable amended.

PS - you probably know more scripting than you think ... and there's no other way you're going to get an effect like this.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play