Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: problem with RAD F/A-18  (Read 544 times)

Offline beefholishness

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
problem with RAD F/A-18
« on: 23 May 2004, 04:48:34 »
I posted this in the comments section over on the addons page for this a while ago, but i figured better put it here-

I'm havin alotta trouble with this. after i finally got it to install, there are a few serious problems-first, it is physically impossible for them to takeoff. AI can't do it either. second, not only were the unique action menu options missing, but simple ones too, like "get out" and "eject". and are the physics supposed to be that when you get to  a managable speed, you fall out of the sky?

NOTE: i have read the readme, the models look great, all the planes are there, and i HAVE tested them in-flight (using the "special", "in flight" options), and all the special options (ACQ-john on, wings fold up/down, tail hook down, etc.) WORKED when i started the plane as empty and got into it, but get out and eject still didnt work.

any ideas? BESIDES re-installing? (which ive been too lazy to do yet, and sincerely doubt will help.)
don't take the name the wrong way

Offline Maddmatt

• Members
Re:problem with RAD F/A-18
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2004, 15:16:22 »
...it is physically impossible for them to takeoff. AI can't do it either.

I have no problems taking off in them, and the ai seems to handle them fine

can't do it either. second, not only were the unique action menu options missing, but simple ones too, like "get out" and "eject".

Actions are only hidden when they are not needed

and are the physics supposed to be that when you get to  a managable speed, you fall out of the sky?

You are going too slow, any jet needs to maintain a decent speed to stay in the air.

...but get out and eject still didnt work.

Eject works fine. You need to open the cockpit before you can get out. Its in the action menu.
http://bushfires.org/
African Conflict Mod
Mission editor and scripter

Offline sim

• Members
  • Hot! Real hot! Damn Hot!
Re:problem with RAD F/A-18
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2004, 22:29:38 »
hey

Listen to maddmatts adivice, he is wise at many ofp things, aint ya m8!!!   ;D

sim
The Unsung Campaign Team Leader