Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Police Force addon  (Read 1393 times)

1shottokill

Police Force addon
« on: 06 May 2004, 16:29:07 »
I think OFP could really do with some good police force addons. I mean there is one out there bib_lawenforcement but thats just retextured officers! some good police models and a LA or NY map would pave the way for assualt on Precient 13 style missions
(Now that would be really good!) ;D

j-man

Re:Police Force addon
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2004, 18:51:09 »
I thnk deadmeat made a good nogova police force addon. Although it's mostly retextured units, it still has a good variety (eg. boats, cars, motorcycles, heli's, etc...)

I don't think a LA or NY map would be very good. Firstly, the map would have to be massive. and also, AI arn't really that good at street fights and confined places. But thats just my two cents.
« Last Edit: 06 May 2004, 18:52:18 by j-man »

1shottokill

« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2004, 20:41:27 »
AI arn't really that good at street fights and confined places.

hmm yes i suppose the AI would'nt be that good in the urban cause you cant tell them to go up buildings (like victor troska's work in lipany) shame that. Lets hope operation flashpoint 2 has better AI urban script for my police campaign. (which by the way folks is going to be released soon. Watch this space:) when i bought ofp resistance i thought there was going to be a really quite large built-up city but petrovice and lipany are too spaced out, Lipany is good for street warfare and snipers but petrovice is mainly just a small town except with 3 toll booths and a few apartment blocks. I know nogova is a iron curtain island but you'd expect a bit more industry and sprawling cityscapes from it. I can excuse everon and malden but not kolgujev (why all the destroyed houses, they are pretty bloody annyoing cause you can't hide in a house and the bases, lordy they are just plain crap. and i know i know im ranting but 1 more thing on malden have you noticed a ammo crate on that really long stretch between the lighthouse and a village. I mean one time i was in multiplayer and we were playing round there and i was short of ammo and i thought ahh this looks promising so i got to it and found 'no ammo!' then i got shot for being out in the open. Phew! just thought i'd get that off me chest.

j-man

« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2004, 20:52:26 »
Well, there is a large, detailed city being made for OFP. I forgot who's making it though. Search through the official forums and chack it out.

The problem with the BIS islands, is that they had to be quite generic. Koglujev is supose to be a sort of war torn island. Loads of military base, very few houses. Aswell, could you imagine how long it would take to load up an island like nogova if it had massive cities every where? :P

if you want a good island, then I suggest downloading the FDF mod. It's eastern boarder island is absolutely great! Plus, it has some really good looking towns (although no major cities). But i don't think it would be any good for a cop campaign. Plus, it takes hours to louad the island.

EDIT

Behold! A very large city island being made by USMC sniper

HERE
« Last Edit: 06 May 2004, 20:54:26 by j-man »

1shottokill

« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2004, 20:55:42 »
s'pose but i lie in wait for op flash 2 and a solution to the 'unknown ammo crate' on malden!

Kaliyuga

« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2004, 22:23:06 »
 Skye Island by one of my fellow mod members Waterman which will be used in our Mod's own campaign is one of the better user made islands out there you guys should check it out .

As far as the cops go... I'm working on some mercenaries at the moment but I do plan to make some SWAT style units in the near future ..

gotta have someone to shoot at after all right...  ;D

Dubieman

« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2004, 01:31:29 »
Skye does have decent cities/towns. The BIG problem with AI in streetfights is the amount of "cheating", AI can pass through buildings sometimes and when at windows, they don't usually stay up at their good cover area and fire unless they are setunitpos "UP".
There are cop add ons out there try diff sites. Try www.OPFlashpoint.org and www.OperationFlashpointCZ.com and try add ons/ units.
There might be some cops in there. There was a SWAT add on out there with new cop cars (decent ones too) , regular men in blue and actual SWAT units with new shotguns or M4s. It was really good. I got it for those Civvie RPG games by SLASH. I'm not sure where I got them. :P

1shottokill

« Reply #7 on: 07 May 2004, 16:10:51 »
the operation flashpoint cz link doesnt work and it's an strange idea but you could create a HUGE Skyscraper map with enterable buildings like the buisness sector of vice city

Dubieman

« Reply #8 on: 07 May 2004, 20:26:01 »
Yeah err not sure why the link went bad. Hey! Here you go I put in wrong address.

http://flashpoint.gamezone.cz/index.php?newlang=eng

That should work. And how would you place ppl on skyscraper maps?  Scroll down to the 100th floor?
I think I'll stick to Enter the Matrix and Max Payne for that. :)
« Last Edit: 07 May 2004, 20:26:53 by GuiltyRoachKilla »

1shottokill

« Reply #9 on: 07 May 2004, 22:32:21 »
Well yes i suppose  :P damn ye op flash 1 why are you not suited for urban combat.