Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: An un-welcome break.  (Read 1576 times)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
An un-welcome break.
« on: 28 Apr 2004, 21:19:39 »
For anyone who's interested, I will not be doing any editing on my Flashpoint missions or addons for a while. My administrator is "playing" with all the PC's here and that means all my Flashpoint files have to go.  :(
I'm making a backup on a spare PC but that's also controlled by the administrator so I'm running the risk of losing it all. For me its a sad prospect.
This also means that I won't be doing any mission testing either.  >:(

If all goes well however I should be back in a week or so. I have some good missions in the pipeline and a campaign I just started.

I will have access to Ofpec.com so I'll still frequent the forums.
Oh and for "administrator" read "big brother". I'm sure you'll understand.
Cheers.
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2004, 21:21:00 by The-Architect »
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Re:An un-welcome break.
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2004, 07:06:47 »
You mean you play OFP on taxpayer-funded time and taxpayer-funded computers? I swear I need to stop paying taxes...
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2004, 16:46:21 »
Ohh, admins, my favourite people ::)
It's a shame though :(
If you don't already, couldn't you get a PC at home? The prices for even pretty high spec PC's are tiny (Look at Dell for eg, a 2GHz, with 128MB gfx card, LCD screen... £400 - This 1GHz, 32MB gfx [upgraded] a few years ago cost over £1000.....)
And OFP only needs 500MHz (I think), and a 16MB graphics card.. You could get that for bog all today :)

"What an age we live in" - Homer (::)) :P

Shame to see another person leave (Well, not leave leave, but you know what I mean)

- Ben

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2004, 18:27:39 »
You mean you play OFP on taxpayer-funded time and taxpayer-funded computers? I swear I need to stop paying taxes...

Oh and for "administrator" read "big brother".

Not sure, but I do think he means his big brother is doing something to his/their PC at home... ::) :P

And if so, I know the feeling...though it's a long time since last time (should really upgrade my computer( ::))) :P

Garcia

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #4 on: 30 Apr 2004, 17:28:31 »
Yeah it's what Garcia said. Its my Older brother. Sorry I should have made it more clear. He wants to re-install windows but he works very slowly. Jeez, it could take him weeks to pull his finger out.
Because he owns the computer I'm using, I have to "get rid of all that Flashpoint shit". He said I could put it on his via the network but not all of it.
When I start again ('cos you know I will  ;)), I'm gonna have to re-download FDF mod, CSLA, Nampack in fact everything except my own projects.
Its not too bad though because I've hijacked a friend's PC and installed Flashpoint on that. This way I can still do a little at a time.  :D
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2004, 16:54:36 »
Hmm, d'you have a cd-burner?
Just buy a couple of CD-Rs and shove the mods on them
Then no more downloads :D

Good luck with it all though ;)
- Ben

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
  • 2./FschJgBtl 251 Green Devils
    • VBS2 Mission Download Site
« Reply #6 on: 02 Jun 2004, 13:50:26 »
If you need a CD or better a DVD with the latest Stuff. Just drop me a Personal Message which contains your adress. I will send it to you free of any charge.

Greetings
Kuro